Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > BlackBauers Bible Hour

Author BlackBauers Bible Hour
absinthebri
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-11-19 11:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
There is no point to life; it's an accident.

This message was posted from a T68i

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-19 11:44
@fetzi - I'm sad to say I don't really believe in anything! I wish I could believe we went somewhere when we died, except 6 foot under. Humans seem to have a hard time realising there might be nowhere at all after they die. I have a theory that people at the moment in Western countries are selfish and materialistic since the general decline in believing in something and going too much into the 'life is short, I'm going to do whatever I want regardless of who I trample on' approach. Until some sense of personal responsibility or sense of community returns, however that may be, I think this will continue.

I however do wish I did have some kind of faith or belief in the afterlife sometimes, was a bit less cynical.....
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

fetzi
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-19 11:45
if you are in an accident - why donīt you stop & clean up?
Who else would like to, say, be knocked over again and again if he could easily stop it? And why shouldnīt one?
Pop! Goes The Hamster... And Other Great Microwave Games
absinthebri
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-11-19 11:46
I think I'm completely lost now. :-l

This message was posted from a T68i

fetzi
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-19 11:57
@sammyboy: for me the afterlife is not so important; but it feels very cosy to have the imagination of someone beeing around you all the time - like a family youīll never lose..

In fact the western way of life is 'going down' in a religious meaning. But thatīs how it has always been - the better the people feel, the easier they donīt care about religion. But they return everytime when itīs going worse (remember 9/11).

Thatīs what I guess about 'opium for the masses': Without the intention to offense anybody, I do believe that the believers of islam would be way more 'relaxed' if they were as rich and spoilt as the western people.

I like the idea of comparing the holy war to the mediaevel crusades - only 600 years later..
Pop! Goes The Hamster... And Other Great Microwave Games
BlackBauer24
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-11-19 13:37
Thanks for all your views and comments guys, but we are beginning to turn this thread into abit of a theological debate, what i originally set out for us to do was to create a thread where individuals could discuss how they deal with a wide range of situations as Christians and non-Christians. for instance have you experienced rejection from your friends or your family because of your Christian beliefs? have you had an influence on of your family or friends and therefore they too have come to know the Lord or have been inspired by your faith? or have been put of giving your life to the Lord as a result of personal difficulties or pressures. i'm also interested to know how one keeps their faith in 2004 with all that life throws your way. i admit that at times (many times infact) i find it increasingly hard to remain focused on my goal which is ultimately to inherit eternal life and dwell with the creator, even when surrounded by other Christian believers how do YOU stay focused!?

This message was posted from a P910

kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-11-19 13:43
speaking of which...

I sometimes feel very alienated by Christians (remember 50* of the people i know are christians) who get all high and mighty on my and tell me im going to hell

specially those guys who knock at my door on saturday morning [addsig]
OluYom
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-23 16:50
While I have enjoyed d debate, I have deliberately held back from joining in simply because this thread is clearly NOT for that.

If you are a christian and have experiences to share for the benefit of others of like faith, this is the place to share them. If you are not, just read the posts (and maybe also humour us if u will), but I sure want to see this thread stay on line.

Maybe we can start another thread to meet the need to debate religion - and that need is obviously pretty great, from the posts so far

@BlackBauer24: Staying focused is probably d greatest challenge we have in today's world. I stay focused by spending time with other believers. In those informal settings, we discuss our faith, the Bible and eternity. I particularly love to discuss issues like 'following God's plan and purpose'. Its just too easy to start doing our own thing. So we talk about that OFTEN. That helps me, and it has helped others around me.
My phone history: T2288 : 3310 : R320s : 311 : R380s : 3410 : MT7800 : A008 : My-X5 : N21i : 6610 : 9210 : SL45 : T910 : 110 : M55 : X100 : C336 : T230 : 3610 : T919 || Current Phone/s: P800 on Glo-ng | J5 on MTN-ng |

[ This Message was edited by: AYA on 2004-11-23 15:54 ]
ADT0079
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-11-24 03:17
@AYA You said "I particularly love to discuss issues like 'following God's plan and purpose"?????What is his purpose???????

My Theory is that we are made up of Energy And Energy never dies it tranfers to something whatever that may be i dont know,

And dont really care whatever happens after this well who knows and do you really Care???
Bored=Esato
Bored=Dumb post
Bored=Stupid replies
Bored=Dont bother me im here to waste yours and my time....
OluYom
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-24 08:29
@ADT0079: I would love to discuss that, but not here. Create an appropriate thread and invite me over, and we can go in that line. We can name the new thread, "God and the rest of us" or "Do you believe in God?" or something. Then wwe can go do some intellectual exercise on spirituality there. Expecting the thread and your invitation.
kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-11-24 08:49
can we please just keep it to this thread

theres nothing wrong with asking questions and having intelligent discussion. And since this thread was started to be a christian thread why not have people who have questions feel free to ask?

Theres also no need to create a new thread for every christianity-related question we have

[addsig]
fetzi
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-24 11:09
I kindly invite anybody around here to follow the path..

//www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=76195

___

sorry, invitation cancelled. private party

[ This Message was edited by: fetzi on 2004-11-24 11:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: fetzi on 2004-11-24 11:02 ]
OluYom
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-24 15:08
@kimcheeboi: A christian thread, yes; but for the PURPOSE of sharing our experiences to encourage one another. Nothing wrong in having another thread for the purposes "apologetics", hmn?

We can have as many 'christian threads' as allowed, good fellow.
PS: I used to be known as AYA
TheReverend
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-11-25 02:27
I encourage all Christians participating in this thread to stay in and stay focused. I'm so pleased to see this forum. With my dear family we are close to a decision to shift churches due to distance problems. I covet your prayers for wisdom. God bless

This message was posted from a Z600

london-uk
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2004-11-25 02:37
good luck... [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic