Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 702703704 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
katamari201
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 01:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This is a thread discussing rumored Sony devices. If it's relevant, it should be allowed, including discussions. Non-mods shouldn't throw temper tantrums when the thread doesn't go the way they want it to. There are multiple conversations going on, and it's only natural. No one has concrete info and never will until the official release, so it is all speculation and rumor. And yes, this thread is designed to waste time. What do you think a rumor thread is for?

There are several picture leaks of a metal variant of the Nokia Lumia EOS. Hopefully Honami will be metal. A unibody one that is also metal on the sides, not a mix-match one like the HTC One or rim-only like the Lumia 925.

I've owned the 808 Pureview. It has xenon. I honestly don't see a big difference between it and my other phones with LED. I avoid flash in general because it will wash things out or cause red eye. For the laymen, I doubt they can tell the difference between LED and xenon. The biggest problem I noticed with the 808 was its size. The phone is 14mm, and the large hump grows it up to 18mm. The phone ONLY has a 4 inch screen. It feels uncomfortable, heavy, and bulgy in a large cargo short pocket. My Note 2, on the other hand, has a 5.5" and is way bigger, but it's only about 9mm and not very dense and I don't notice it at all in the same pocket. A 5" Honami needs to be skinny and needs to find ways to trim down. The EOS bump will be noticeable from the image shown. People want so many things like interchangeable lenses and xenon and even BIGGER sensors and gigantic battery and god forbid a zoom lens. The super fat S4 Zoom has a 10x zoom lens and I doubt they could've made it much thinner than it already is. Zoom lenses take up space, lots of it, and severely hamper photo quality. That's why the S4 Zoom images are blurry and get warped at the edges, because of the zoom lens. It also has bad aperture. Too many compromises just for the zoom.

I think too many people want an RX100 camera with phone capabilities, and not a smartphone with above average camera capabilities. The best camera is the one you have with you at all times. That will be your smartphone. The RX100 is petite for a camera with 1" sensor, but most people are not gonna carry around a 300g+ 40mm+ camera with them everyday. Samsung is releasing the successor to their galaxy camera soon that uses a big honking mirrorless camera, with interchangeable lenses and xenon and everything some people here are dreaming about. It probably won't be pocketable, and won't have phone cabailities, but if you must, you could use Skype with a 3G connection on it to turn it into a phone.
[ This Message was edited by: katamari201 on 2013-06-17 00:45 ]
maiaramdan
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 01:57
^^^

Sir, I don't understand your words honestly
Please clarify, for me this what I saw

SONY instead or realising 3 versions of Honami aka i1 aka Z2, a version for camera and other water resistance and other normal as what Samsung doing now with the S4, they will simply make only one device have all
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 02:15
I think it is great if the camera is at the center of the phone.

I tried again xperia A, and i felt it more uncomfortable than firts time.
Because the camera is at the top, you have to "pinch" the phone with your fingertips.
Because the phone is very thin, it moves everytime i push the shutter button.

So good news thanks maiaramdan and razec.

I still do not get the metal+fiber thing. Does it look better than all metal?
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-17 02:29
I agree with you Shotokan, the carbon fibre/metal dual finish sounds odd to me, like the designer couldn't make up their mind so chose both.

I also notice there isn't a xenon on what maia describes. Cue outrage.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
sighduck
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 02:32
I thought maia said before that he doesn't have any insider sources and is not a Sony employee?
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 02:32

It would probably look pretty good, though I'd prefer all-metal unibody (if its possible of course).
It could be there for structural reasons, or just for pure aesthetic reasons.
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 02:33
^I agree with you. Why not make the back of the phone all metal? I do not feel the metal+carbon fiber thing!

About the back design, I was just thinking would it not block the xenon flash whne you put on the mountable lense. I guess this is why we had heard a rumour about the phone having plasma flash only. What do you think guys?
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 02:49
I don't know, but I'm digging the design so far. Could be that I'm partial to carbon since I'm an avid cyclist and own a full carbon bike.
maiaramdan
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 02:51

On 2013-06-17 02:32:13, sighduck wrote:
I thought maia said before that he doesn't have any insider sources and is not a Sony employee?

I said that I am not SONY nor insider, but this not means I am not have any insider

On 2013-06-17 02:32:19, -XYZ wrote:

It would probably look pretty good, though I'd prefer all-metal unibody (if its possible of course).
It could be there for structural reasons, or just for pure aesthetic reasons.

About the flash you will find two flash lights at the top right, on the right of the top speaker

The front on the other hand as if you see the ZL upside down the front camera is on the top left corner
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 02:53
Is it just me who thinks that the huge circle around the camera makes it look horrible? It reminds me of the Nokia EOS with a large protruding camera which is certainly not pleasing to the eyes.
jianlin
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 03:01
so the dual speaker is located at the back of the phone with 1 top 1 bottom?
but flat back would block the speaker sound?
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-17 03:03

On 2013-06-17 02:53:27, Shino03 wrote:
Is it just me who thinks that the huge circle around the camera makes it look horrible? It reminds me of the Nokia EOS with a large protruding camera which is certainly not pleasing to the eyes.

Same for me. I wouldn't like a phone like that. It won't look good, IMO. I want Honami without that huge thing on the back. A simpler camera, without the need of Xenon or Plasma or Dual LED. Honestly, every time I take pics in the dark, I don't use any light anyway. And all that stuff seems that will make the device bulky and big and ugly...

Tl;Dr: Honami without giant camera and flash thing. Simple one is good for me.
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
jianlin
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 03:07

On 2013-06-17 03:03:57, Felimenta97 wrote:
Same for me. I wouldn't like a phone like that. It won't look good, IMO. I want Honami without that huge thing on the back. A simpler camera, without the need of Xenon or Plasma or Dual LED. Honestly, every time I take pics in the dark, I don't use any light anyway. And all that stuff seems that will make the device bulky and big and ugly...

maybe the mystery s800 is what u want?
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-17 03:09

On 2013-06-17 03:07:54, jianlin wrote:

On 2013-06-17 03:03:57, Felimenta97 wrote:

maybe the mystery s800 is what u want?

I really hope so
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2013-06-17 03:16
Is there any SE phone which has a camera in the center? We might get little better idea...
T610i-K700i-K750i-W700i-W810i-W560i-P1i-W910i-G900i-W595i-X10mini-Cedar-Xperia U-Xperia S-XZ Premimum
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 702703704 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic