Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Keitai Corner

Previous  123 ... 789 ... 272829  Next
Author Keitai Corner
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2008-11-04 05:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Notice how they always mention "CCD" when the camera has it? By using CCD gives them automatic bragging rights. Do you see Sony Ericsson proudly labeling their camphones "CMOS"? Why not? Because everyone knows that CMOS sucks so they rather hide this fact. The day (if ever again) SE makes a CCD camphone I believe it will have a big fat CCD sticker on the case.
driftmania
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2008-11-05 09:29
Why shouldn't they have bragging rights? If they have the balls to use CCD, then why not take advantage of it? If the pictures from it come out superb, then they have every right to rub it all over everybody's faces.

[ This Message was edited by: driftmania on 2008-11-05 08:30 ]
Taku
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-11-08 03:05
Two questions:

1. Are there any differences between the SH-01 and SH-03 besides the screen?

2. Probably going to be in Japan in March. How much to the high-ends usually go for a few months after launch? Also I read the FAQ but it was kinda vague and I'm guessing the newest refreshed changed it, but any more details on getting a Softbank or Docomo phone running outside of Japan? (I'm in Canada).

Thanks much!
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-11-08 23:45
Almost no difference btwn SH-01A & SH-03A... that's what's stupid >__> I'm sorry I've neglected this forum for a little bit as I was really busy.

NTT DoCoMo officially unveiled their entire winter collection lineup of phones. It is divided into four categories: prime, style, pro, and smart. To be honest, this kind of move is just stupid and gets consumers even more confused. Many of the phones are incredibly similar with one another, so I don't see the point in doing this. Moreover, they announced over 23 phones, meaning we are going to have lots of stock leftover... not really a smart financial move.

I believe most phones of the winter collection (at least every one below) has Bluetooth, Document Viewer, 1-Seg Mobile Television, MicroSD HC (up to 8GB), built in Flash Lite, and widgets.

Prime Series: F-01A by Fujitsu

- Available November 19, 2008 (set date)
- 111×50×17.5 @ 142 g
- 5.2 MP AF CMOS Camera
- 3.2" 864 x 480 TFT 16M LCD Touchscreen w/ Twist Rotation
- 1.4" OLED External Screen
- Fingerprint Scanner
- Waterproof
- Four Colours: Champagne, Black, Rose, Cyan

I would love to get this phone - actually it's on my potential list =P

Prime Series: SH-01A by Sharp

- Available December (no set date)
- 111 x 50 x 16.6 mm (22mm + camera stickout) 145 g
- 8.0 MP AF CCD Camera with LED Flash
- 3.3" 864 x 480 AQUOS ASV 16M LCD Touchscreen w/ Cycloid & Twist Rotation
- External Screen
- Fingerprint Scanner & Touch Cruiser
- Four Colours: Pink, White, Black, Blue

Not exactly in love with the design, but the camera is amazing. For those of you who don't know what CCD is, it's a type of camera module used in actual cameras. CMOS is the other type of camera module, which is used in cheaper/thinner cameras and most phones (hence the worst quality).

Camera & Screen Performance Comparison (Left: SH906i, Right: SH-01A)

Prime Series: P-01A by Panasonic

- Available November (no set date)
- 108 x 50 x 16.9 mm @ 122 g
- 5.1 MP AF Camera
- 3.2" 854 x 480 VIERA TFT 262K LCD Screen
- 0.9" OLED Exterior Screen
- Double flip design with changing keypad orientation
- Four Colours: Glamorous Red, Graphite Black, Frosty White, Champagne Pink

Honestly, I find Panasonic really boring. They've been using the same design for their past three series of phones and only providing a few improvements here and there. The most amazing thing is the changing keypad orientation on this phone >__>

Notice changing keypad

Notice changing keypad

Prime Series: N-01A

- Available November (no set date)
- 113 x 50 x 17.6 mm @ 139 g
- 5.2 MP AF Camera
- 3.2" 854 x 480 LIPS TFT 262K LCD Touchscreen
- Unique Bar, Spin, and Slide forms
- Four Colours: Misty Lavender, Precious White, Fine Black, Passion Pink

Cool form factor and great colours, a huge improvement compared to the last phones NEC offered to DoCoMo *vomits*

Prime Series: F-03A

- Available January - March 2009 [WTF!]
- 114 x 51 x 19.5 mm @ 145 g (the phone is slightly round, like iPod Nano Chromatic)
- 5.2 MP AF Camera
- 3.2" 960 x 480 TFT 16M LCD Touchscreen
- Multi colour Keypad
- Three Colours: White, Black, Gold

Cool phone - amazing screen, I believe it's Fujitsu's first slider. It would be nicer if they have a more confirm availability date >__>

You can view the entire series here:
http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/product/foma/index.html
http://k-tai.impress.co.jp/cda/article/news_toppage/42585.html (Japanese)

So what's your favorite phone? =)
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-11-10 04:09

On 2008-11-08 03:05:43, Taku wrote:
2. Probably going to be in Japan in March. How much to the high-ends usually go for a few months after launch? Also I read the FAQ but it was kinda vague and I'm guessing the newest refreshed changed it, but any more details on getting a Softbank or Docomo phone running outside of Japan? (I'm in Canada).

Thanks much!

Expect the phones to be around $700+ CDN, unless you purchase in Japan (for contractless...). 905i and 906i DoCoMo phones work in Canada, albeit unstable with hypersim. Some softbank phones work in Canada (with media unlock). How about find a few models in particular you like and I'll tell you if it works XD
Taku
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-11-10 07:16

On 2008-11-10 04:09:36, clauf wrote:

On 2008-11-08 03:05:43, Taku wrote:

Thanks much!

Expect the phones to be around $700+ CDN, unless you purchase in Japan (for contractless...). 905i and 906i DoCoMo phones work in Canada, albeit unstable with hypersim. Some softbank phones work in Canada (with media unlock). How about find a few models in particular you like and I'll tell you if it works XD

Well, I'll be buying it *in* Japan in March. Eyeing an SH-03A right now since my contract is finally almost over. I think you mentioned it earlier in the FAQ but both softbank and Docomo phones have the same issues now right? Oh and does GPS still work, or does it go with all the other media features when you import it? ._.
SaLiH
Apple iPhone 6
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-11-10 09:24
@clauf - I'm interested in Sharp SH-01A & SH-03A. Will there be any other way to unlock them except hypersim? Do you know some sites that are going to sell them online, or I it's just going to be e-bay? Thanks in advance!
Nokia 3310->Nokia 2100->Nokia 3100->Sony Ericsson K700i->Sony Ericsson K750i->i-mobile 902->Sony Ericsson K800i->Sony Ericsson T650i->Sony Ericsson C901->Sony Ericsson Elm->iPhone 3GS->iPhone 4s->iPhone 5->iPhone 5s->iPhone 6->iPhone 6s->iPhone 7 Plus
Robis
W880 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-11-10 10:50

On 2008-11-10 07:16:40, Taku wrote:
Well, I'll be buying it *in* Japan in March. Eyeing an SH-03A right now since my contract is finally almost over. I think you mentioned it earlier in the FAQ but both softbank and Docomo phones have the same issues now right? Oh and does GPS still work, or does it go with all the other media features when you import it? ._.

GPS outside Japan doesn't work.
se_love
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 12:47
Wow japan and korea have all the fun. Imagine going to school with a sharp like that. You'd be deemed so cool.
Robis
W880 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 14:47
sadly, thaht internet, MMS doesn't work outside Japane too. I can't and set call forwarding, waiting call.. But why?
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-11-13 03:42

On 2008-11-12 12:47:50, se_love wrote:
Wow japan and korea have all the fun. Imagine going to school with a sharp like that. You'd be deemed so cool.

It would be cool to you... not THAT cool for them. Remember they have access to ALL of these phones: and more!

On 2008-11-12 14:47:39, Robis wrote:
sadly, thaht internet, MMS doesn't work outside Japane too. I can't and set call forwarding, waiting call.. But why?

Unfortunately so. If you did want internet and MMS you have to get the older Sharp phones: 903SH, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So as you can see, Razec, Muhammad-Oli, and myself have stuck our threads at the top of the Rumors section of the forum. The SE-09 thread had AMAZING graphics, so I felt really pressured and I decided to clean up the Keitai one a little more. Razec's concept thread looked just as nice and clean, and I feel really bad that our Keitai one isn't fully complete.

If you go take a look, there's a featured phone at the top. The phone will change every week or two, letting you see all the delicious keitais we have access to. To start off, I chose my favorite DoCoMo Winter Collection phone, the F-01A by Fujitsu, which will be available in Japan on November 19.

Just to let everyone know, it's going to take another week or two for me to finish as I'm doing a list of phones from different manufacturers and determining if they work outside of Japan. If you have a keitai that works, like the 705i series, please tell me.
se_love
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-11-13 12:17
Yeah cool for me. Anyway is there anyway to get these and use them outside japan. With sim cards? Last i heard those are outdated in japan.
Robis
W880 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-11-13 12:29

On 2008-11-13 12:17:56, se_love wrote:
Yeah cool for me. Anyway is there anyway to get these and use them outside japan. With sim cards? Last i heard those are outdated in japan.

Some phones works outside Japan, but You should forget about internet, MMS, GPS. Look at docomo web:
http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/product/

If I am right, look like all phones, from these series works outside Japan:
docomo STYLE series
docomo PRIME series
docomo SMART series
docomo PRO series
906i Series
905i Series
706i Series
705i Series
Sony α
T650 Green
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-11-13 13:32
Hi All!!!

How are you guys?? I mean EVERYONE! Its been a long while since I've been on Esato, what with so much Uni work going on, Working et all - I've missed it!

Well, Clauf you've done a Grand job of this thread, it looks amazing and i'll add to it by working hard on bringing you updates with regards to our beloved Keitai!

Since my last post, I now have a C905 on my Orange upgrade (It was due back in London) - and am now waiting for the SO907i to be launched, after which i'll go to KDDI in order to continue getting Sony Keitai...!

The C905 has caused real waves here in Nihon, with Jaws dropping at the sight of the 8.1 MP Sensor lol - not to mention the Size, they love the fact that its a bit chunky, and the GPS etc - passers by have said its near enough an SO905iCS for the Rest of the World, PLUS a Xenon flash!

Further news says we will see a BRAVIA branded handset in the UK next year, as the HTC HD takes displays to a new level. Sony Ericsson are going to be using the Sony x BRAVIA tie to launch High resolution Mobiles in the UK, although - keep in mind this may only be the one 'Hero Handset', in the form of the 8800 from Nokia - in saying it will be highly sought after - so not an average run of the mill handset.

Anyhow, I hope you are all keeping well, and Clauf, let me know if I can do anything to help you out!

Sayonara!
Sony Alpha.

imaging.like.no.other
clauf
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-11-14 03:13

On 2008-11-13 13:32:47, Sony α wrote:
Hi All!!!

How are you guys?? I mean EVERYONE! Its been a long while since I've been on Esato, what with so much Uni work going on, Working et all - I've missed it!

Well, Clauf you've done a Grand job of this thread, it looks amazing and i'll add to it by working hard on bringing you updates with regards to our beloved Keitai!

Since my last post, I now have a C905 on my Orange upgrade (It was due back in London) - and am now waiting for the SO907i to be launched, after which i'll go to KDDI in order to continue getting Sony Keitai...!

Welcome back Sony a... missed you there for a while. Because you haven't checked back in such a long time, it was confirmed that Sony Ericsson wouldn't produce phones for DoCoMo anymore... or at least for this season collection of phones.

907i series is now 01-A, 02-A, 03-A, etc. The letter means something... I don't remember what... =P

KDDI phones don't work outside of Japan remember... or I mean with like a different provider. The Sony Ericsson KDDI phones have GSM, but it doesn't work at the moment.

On 2008-11-13 13:32:47, Sony α wrote:
Further news says we will see a BRAVIA branded handset in the UK next year, as the HTC HD takes displays to a new level. Sony Ericsson are going to be using the Sony x BRAVIA tie to launch High resolution Mobiles in the UK, although - keep in mind this may only be the one 'Hero Handset', in the form of the 8800 from Nokia - in saying it will be highly sought after - so not an average run of the mill handset.

I believe that's what Sony Ericsson Japan and Sony Ericsson is working on... go Bravia =)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 789 ... 272829  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic