Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > New P1i Firmware - R9K009 - R6G04

Previous  123 ... 789 ... 303132  Next
Author New P1i Firmware - R9K009 - R6G04
G-Izzat
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-02-09 13:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@ tarkus71,

how the heck can you say that nothing is different?
mobman
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-02-09 13:58
just a minor bug - when using the web application all the links look highlighted and when you select a link it is un highlighted - its a little confusing to say the least. any1 else noticing this?

edit - just noticed that it only seems to effect the horizon theme - my favourite. nevermind. any1 think of a solution?

[ This Message was edited by: mobman on 2008-02-09 13:02 ]
perza
T650 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-02-09 14:44
@tarkus71: I don't know but my WIFI connection works fine. I also have WIFI (priority 1) and GPRS (priority 2) in the Internet group and when I want to browse wia WIFI I scan the area and connect to the network and all traffic goes through WIFI. But I must say I connect to non secured WIFI points. Maybe you have a problem with WIFI encryption...
fyrestrtr
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-09 14:50
For those wondering about camera auto focus, it is almost instant now. Half press = autofocus beep.

Almost as fast as the N95-2 that I have ... almost.

I don't really use the camera much, so the green tint being there or not, that doesn't bother me.

One nice change -- with the horizon theme, the keypad entry box (when the phone is on standby and you start typing a number) has a white background and not a red background -- the red made it difficult to read the numbers that were in black.

[ This Message was edited by: fyrestrtr on 2008-02-09 14:05 ]
Bash2cool
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-09 15:38

On 2008-02-09 14:50:18, fyrestrtr wrote:
For those wondering about camera auto focus, it is almost instant now. Half press = autofocus beep.

Almost as fast as the N95-2 that I have ... almost.

I don't really use the camera much, so the green tint being there or not, that doesn't bother me.

One nice change -- with the horizon theme, the keypad entry box (when the phone is on standby and you start typing a number) has a white background and not a red background -- the red made it difficult to read the numbers that were in black.

[ This Message was edited by: fyrestrtr on 2008-02-09 14:05 ]

The green tint is still there, i'm guessing that can't be fixed otherwise SE would have fixed it before with its other firmwares and the new one.

I like the new theme change as well. But theres one thing i don't like about it, I have t-mobile and when i go to T-zones, the webpage is supposted to be white, but now its red. I've looked into other websites with white pages like Google but the pages are white.

@tarkus71: Hey, which firmware did you upgrade to?

[ This Message was edited by: Bash2cool on 2008-02-09 14:42 ]
***CoNDoR***
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-02-09 17:23
Hey guys,

I don't know if it's only me but, green tint almost never existed on my phone. Just a little change in white occurs in everyphoto. Not like the ones that i see in the forum. So it's not a GREEN tint on mine. Just soooooo littler darker white.

Maybe it's on some phones because of camera module? Because some guy on the forum (sorry i forgot the name ) said that after changing the module, it was mostly gone..
Denk
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-09 22:08

On 2008-02-09 13:58:00, mobman wrote:
just a minor bug - when using the web application all the links look highlighted and when you select a link it is un highlighted - its a little confusing to say the least. any1 else noticing this?

edit - just noticed that it only seems to effect the horizon theme - my favourite. nevermind. any1 think of a solution?

[ This Message was edited by: mobman on 2008-02-09 13:02 ]

Same deal here and all the links are highlighted in both views horisontal and vertical. Looks aweful.

kalbekke
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-02-09 23:36
Just one simple question;
I tried to update my phone via the SE Update Service, but got the message that no new SW/FW was available - just the standard feedback that "the latest software is already installed on your phone"...

Se that some people refers to "SEUS". Is this the same update service that is provided by SE? Maybe a silly question, but I was a bitt puzzled by the fact that a lot of you already got the last FW update...

Anywhere (else) I can check for the new FW?
mobman
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 02:00
SEUS is indeed Sony Ericsson Update Service. if it says that you have the latest software then you must have a branded firmware. where did you buy your phone?
Pacm23
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 04:42
@denk

your right the web application needs to be fixed but i think its also theme issue when you use the default or light colored themes its alright but when you use dark ones it shows.
defiantbeast
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 05:46
I think i might have found something new. I have my gmail account setup thru IMAP. Before when i received an email it would open up and i could read it . Now i get a screen asking me if i want to dowload the email before i can read it. Ive also noticed that my emails and text open up twice as fast as before.
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 06:33
Sometimes i think some of you are sony ericssons deallers or you own the factory
when something is not working correctly (camera+green tint) you all must shout out that it sucks . but i read here posts "i do not care cos i do not use it" what kind of attitude is it? ,what kind of costumers are we?,the smart one or the stupid one? for your money you have to insist for a phone that works like it is written in the catalog,you can not tell everyone it got 3,2 MP ,but forget that 60% are green,and even if you do not use it it should be there if ever you will need it .... don't you understand that if you allowed them to sale you a defective apparatus,it says that they will not try too much next time?!
I think that as much as you love SE you must protest when it sucks.
after the P1i it will take SE a lot to convince me to buy their phone again.
it is like a beautiful model,until it opens mouth

Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-10 06:47
...I think you can read it as a piece of advice. That it's not likely the firmware will fix a clearly visible green tint. And that if it bothers you (or even if it doesn't - there could be a bad connection, which might make the unit break down sooner), then you should send the phone in and have the module changed. Since it's clear that the colour imbalance is a combination of software and hardware. And, since after the second firmware update, many people did get much prettier pictures (relatively speaking..), after changing the camera- module - that doesn't sound like very bad advice at all. Probably wouldn't hurt to make SE pay for shipping an expensive phone like that with defects of that sort either.

In other words, the new firmware can probably lessen the impact of a bad sensor (which I'm sure SE would like as many as possible to accept as good enough - something that probably is the case for most) - but it won't remove the problems completely, if the sensor isn't very good. The same goes for the magenta tint in certain lighting conditions. It very likely won't go away, and is very likely just the most clear indication that the pictures you take lack details they would otherwise have on a well- working sensor.

So, instead of complaining like children, and getting snappy with people who I suppose genuinely would like to help - why not just send in the damn phone for service, and have the module switched.

@defiantbeast:
..can't you set that in the settings for the mail- accounts? On the "download headers/whole message/message if less than 100k", and so on..?
The p1 Whiki - report your bugs, and add feature requests here.

"Brothers and Sisters, believe! Believe in the salvation of Demand Paging, 'eah!"
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 06:58
i am with you ...like i said ... lets all go and bring it to the shop
aaarkhipov
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-02-10 10:40
Just installed this new FM and now cannot restore the configuration. The process just hangs in the middle. Tried many times and it always hangs in on a different stage.

Anybody had the sames problem?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 789 ... 303132  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic