Previous  123 ... 698699700 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 18:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
To quote you night wing
you would be carrying a beautiful soap box in your hand with thunder flash that to in in 2013 .W.R.T to apple logic,there phones became thin never thick irrespective of camera.lets hope Sony comes with award winning thin design phone.

Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 18:27
Wait, if it's got xenon and a large lens and has a flat back, it'll be thicker than other phones, but what if it has a wedge shape? Sony is good with different form factors, their tablets had it, it's the best of both worlds. Would stand out too, and possibly better ergonomics...

A wedge shape with a flat back would be a unique device.

Imagine a yellow version. Would look just like Swiss cheese.

That's a joke obviously, the wedge should be slight, if the thickest part is 11.5mm thick, make the thinnest part 9mm. Or something similar.
[ This Message was edited by: Away on 2013-06-16 17:34 ]
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 18:31

On 2013-06-16 18:27:12, vikeviki wrote:
To quote you night wing
you would be carrying a beautiful soap box in your hand with thunder flash that to in in 2013 .W.R.T to apple logic,there phones became thin never thick irrespective of camera.lets hope Sony comes with award winning thin design phone.

Please could you re-phrase or explain that please? (I didn't understand) (Very sorry!)
[ This Message was edited by: nightwing369 on 2013-06-16 17:40 ]
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 18:32
@night wing
IN the era of smartphones,the phone should be thin ,majority of the people go with this trend ,they dont want thick camera phones.you may see the smart phone trend is thinner and thinnest phones not vice-a versa.what is the point in having thick camera phone,you may see nokia 808 pureview/s4 zoom will be flop.people dont want that,people want best of best in thinner phones.

@away
This sounds possible ,Sony designs are wonder they can make it anything possible.Hope you guys remember a Sony xperia pic was leaked with wedge shaped .This might help in slim fat and camera centric phone with flash.
Any body have that link(xperia blog)
[ This Message was edited by: vikeviki on 2013-06-16 17:40 ]
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 19:01
Nokia plans NYC event to 'reinvent zoom,' likely announce 41-megapixel 'EOS' Windows Phone

So, Nokia's planning to unveil EOS on the 11th next month. I hope Sony would announce Honami right after, kill the hype for the EOS. *evil laugh*
Rockarel
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 19:32
I find it hard to believe that Sony would go from their previous design philosophy of "Omni-balance" to a wedge shaped design in one generation of phone. I'm still hoping that they make a phone with a curved back similar to the HTC one. More room, good ergonomics, no EOS hump.
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 19:37
ROFL. Sony designs changed every 6 months last year. From the iconic NXT series to the arc design making a comeback to omnibalance. And each phone has distinct looks. Both these factors are unlike Samsung, Nokia, Apple and HTC. LG and Samsung can't really be mentioned in a sentence with decent design anyway.

Besides, I was just proposing a possible implementation to unite both best camera device and mainstream device camps.
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 19:42

On 2013-06-16 15:57:13, aurelius wrote:

On 2013-06-16 14:29:48, inspire_me wrote:

On 2013-06-16 14:15:09, king-james wrote:
... at least or ban some people. ....

please ban/remove/ignore "nightwing369"; Esato will be a better place after that.
You registered 1 extra account to be able to say that or? Or did you base your

reading upon a few pages?

Everyone is entitled to questioning, eveyone is entitled to be here looking for rumors.

If you don't know the answer to a question - move on and ignore.

No one is entitled to bashing other members! I will definetely ask moderators to ban people

that behave like that and bashing other members.

Now let's go on and talk about rumors again

@aurelius - What?! You thinkin' this is me? I'm not fallin' down in so low hole to register a new acc. for that... JFYI.
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2013-06-16 18:56 ]
like.no.other
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 19:57

On 2013-06-16 19:32:45, Rockarel wrote:
I find it hard to believe that Sony would go from their previous design philosophy of "Omni-balance" to a wedge shaped design in one generation of phone. I'm still hoping that they make a phone with a curved back similar to the HTC one. More room, good ergonomics, no EOS hump.

should I say that Sony already done with slightly curve back with Xperia S / P and ion in 2012, then Taiwanese which already run out of innovation copy it for fame design, Hell yeah! Those praises is much better serve for Sony instead!
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
maiaramdan
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 20:12

On 2013-06-16 19:57:00, HxH wrote:

should I say that Sony already done with slightly curve back with Xperia S / P and ion in 2012, then Taiwanese which already run out of innovation copy it for fame design, Hell yeah! Those praises is much better serve for Sony instead!

Don't worry all, it will be the same beautiful omni balance, and not more that 1 cm
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 20:58
@maiaramdan

Glad you're back. And that too with good news. Maybe I should become a patent troll and patent the wedge shape. If anyone decides to use it, I and Swiss cheese producers will sue them like no tomorrow! Apparently, Swiss cheese producers abuse the patent system more than Apple farmers!

If it's the omnibalance design but thicker, will it look very similar to the Z? Or is omnibalance a more general term to the extent that honami will look significantly different?
Ambivalent_
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 21:42

On 2013-06-16 20:12:31, maiaramdan wrote:

Don't worry all, it will be the same beautiful omni balance, and not more that 1 cm

Hi Maia!

Could you please share some info on Honami, for instance can you confirm Xenon with 99% certainty.
maiaramdan
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 22:23

On 2013-06-16 20:58:37, Away wrote:
@maiaramdan

Glad you're back. And that too with good news. Maybe I should become a patent troll and patent the wedge shape. If anyone decides to use it, I and Swiss cheese producers will sue them like no tomorrow! Apparently, Swiss cheese producers abuse the patent system more than Apple farmers!

If it's the omnibalance design but thicker, will it look very similar to the Z? Or is omnibalance a more general term to the extent that honami will look significantly different?

On 2013-06-16 21:42:48, Ambivalent_ wrote:

On 2013-06-16 20:12:31, maiaramdan wrote:

Hi Maia!

Could you please share some info on Honami, for instance can you confirm Xenon with 99% certainty.

All info I had now is relating to the design, which will be as I said before in the past while Sony was thinking not to drop the ZL with the Z and postponed it

It seems that the Honami aka Z2 will be so much like the ZL from the front with the low bezel with some NXT touchs just as I said in January

Carbon-fiber in corners and side with internal metal panels and back large camera at the middle with metal under the remain of the camera and carbon fiber from the top, another thing the front camera will be at the top not as the ZL
Ambivalent_
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 22:31

On 2013-06-16 22:23:49, maiaramdan wrote:

All info I had now is relating to the design, which will be as I said before in the past while Sony was thinking not to drop the ZL with the Z and postponed it

It seems that the Honami aka Z2 will be so much like the ZL from the front with the low bezel with some NXT touchs just as I said in January

Carbon-fiber in corners and side with internal metal panels and back large camera at the middle with metal under the remain of the camera and carbon fiber from the top, another thing the front camera will be at the top not as the ZL

Thanx man, please keep us up to date as you learn more info.
sami92a
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-16 22:39

i´m trying to make a picture of it in my head, will the metal be under the lens where the battery goes and everything and Carbon fibre over the lens on the top part of the phone?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 698699700 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic