hmm... how much?
where can we get one??
or was that pasalubong?

v3il
W580 White
PM
Posted: 2002-02-11 12:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm pretty new here, just got my T68 a few weeks back, no complaints naman except the joystick just seems to be fragile.

amazing phone, ericsson really outdid themselves with this one.

oh btw, I'm 19 a sophomore at DSLU taking applied economics!

good to see pinoys here! btw, does ericsson servicing change the phone casing? I kinda scratced the top of my phone on a rock table (tanga tanga ko kasi)
ferrarista44
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-02-11 12:32
oi, animo la salle!

astig, schoolmate na may T68... hehe

puro nokia kasi everywhere eh...
8310, etc.

they say the T68 looks like a 8310 from afar...

hmm... yah maybe... but still, it's not how far you look but how close you get.

i've scratched mine too..... one tiny scratch on the display window...tsk tsk...

gooms
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-11 13:13

pati sa amin puro N8310 pa lang nakikita ko!!!

maka-Nokia talaga ang pinoy kahit anong sabihin ... hehehe

v3il
W580 White
PM
Posted: 2002-02-11 13:40
heheh schoolmate! galing eng ako dati... I didn't enjoy it so shift out... ngayon prof ko si Anita Ong.. pota BADTRIP!

I scratched the top of my phone di obvious, pero feeling ko OC ako.. nakakaloko hahahahaha

anyways how's our batt life? nakaka 2 araw lang ako, pero kung light usage mga 3 days

do you know how to set the speed dial?
phlong
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-11 14:12
Magkano na ang normal price ng T68 unit sa Pinas ngayon? I think mura kasi ang Nokia phones (mura nga ba?) and mas ok sa SMS compared to T68.

Yun nga lang pag T68 ka.. a cut above the rest
ferrarista44
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-02-11 14:27
schoolmate, batt ko one to two days lang...
all the wap, the games, the txtin, and all other people borrowin my phone and tinkering it...

feels kinda short for Li-polymer.

luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2002-02-11 14:31
Quote:

On 2002-02-11 14:12, phlong wrote:
Magkano na ang normal price ng T68 unit sa Pinas ngayon? I think mura kasi ang Nokia phones (mura nga ba?) and mas ok sa SMS compared to T68.

Yun nga lang pag T68 ka.. a cut above the rest

It is around 23-25 thousand pesos. Around S 400-450 dollars. Mahal parin compared to nokia 8310 which lower it cost around 15 thousand.

:se:
ferrarista44
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-02-11 14:31
i bought my T68 for P22,890 from SEMICON, and that is network-locked to Globe.

the open-line is more expensive by around P2,000.

ferrarista44
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-02-11 15:24
Quote:
doc chikito

dude, globe hub has been selling the communicam for quite some time now. it retails for php 6500. check them out!

well, we've got the answer i guess.

Roberto
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-02-11 17:42
Hi there Kabayans! Basahin nyo ito...doon sa hindi pa nakakabasa...

Color Nokia 8310
Reuters
Helsinki, Jan 10

Nokia, the world's largest mobile phone maker, is expected to unveil by March a colour screen mobile phone to match an unexpectedly successful rival model from Ericsson, analysts said on Thursday.

"A couple of industry contacts tell us a colour display version of the new 8310 phone is being developed by Nokia," said Peter Richardson, analyst at SoundView Technology Group.

"We expect an announcement quite soon," he told Reuters, adding sources said Nokia planned to start selling the device early in the second quarter.

Nokia spokesman Tapio Hedman declined to comment.

Several analysts Reuters spoke to have said they expect the Finnish company to plug a hole in its portfolio by unveiling a small colour screen device at its quarterly results release on January 24, at the telecoms conference in Cannes in February or at the CeBIT show in Hanover in March.

Nokia -- known in the past for its skill in forecasting consumer trends -- was taken off guard by the immediate success of the Internet-enabled, tiny Ericsson T68 model, which came to the market late last year, industry experts say.

The T68 was the first colour screen cellphone for the European market.

"There is a gap in Nokia's portfolio. They've been shaken by the strength in demand for the T68," Richardson said.

Ericsson, the Swedish telecoms equipment maker, has since October 1 merged its mobile phone division with Japan's consumer electronics group Sony Corp to create Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications.

Nokia holds around one third of the global market for cellphones, more than double its nearest rival Motorola. Total cellphones sales are expected to have been around 400 million units in 2001, some five percent below 2000 sales.

The industry has been hit by a global economic slowdown, operators' reluctance to subsidise phones to win new customers and the lack of attractive new services to stimulate demand.

Nokia has already announced one colour screen phone, a digital camera phone called 7650, which will be on the market by the middle of this year, but it will be bulky and expensive and is an unlikely competitor to the small Ericsson T68.

Analysts believe Nokia's new colour-screen phone, which will be squeezed into the product line before the 7650 model comes out, will be similar to the tiny 8310 monochrome screen model.

It is a recently introduced model that caters for the high-end consumer segment. It offers GPRS access and has an in-built FM radio and changeable covers.
GPRS, or General Packet Radio Services, allows users to get quick and constant Internet access, particularly in Europe.

"We think this product... addresses concerns that the 7650 will be too costly and too large to compete against slicker models like the T68," SoundView Technologies, which has a "strong buy" on Nokia, said in a research note.

Colour screens have become a huge success in Japan, the most advanced mobile Internet country, and their popularity is expected to grow in Europe partly because a colour display makes it more attractive to play games and use other functions, according to analysts.

Talo nang Nokia!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Roberto on 2002-02-11 17:44 ]
flipperds
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-02-11 18:21
Dito pala kayo lahat!
I'm a T39m user. Convert from N*k*a to Ericsson.
racoonice
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-02-12 02:45
i boughht my communicam at the hub for 6500...it was the last one accdg to the beautiful saleslady wehehehe... please please if ever any of you guys buys a cam lemme know...i just cant send the pics and its pissin me off!!...
i suggest that we set up a directory here for the t68 users para when MMS comes we can all enjoy the luxuries of owniing a t68
PEACE!
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-12 02:50
racoonice,

about your Communicam...

1) Please verify that you have either a GSM Data or GPRS Data account, meaning you have to be using a post-paid account and have activated one or both services.
2) Test the connection. For GSM data you can test by browsing a WAP site. For GPRS data, do not test using WAP (WAP over GPRS), since it uses a different CID and APN. Test the GPRS data account. If you are able to retrieve emails using the T68 email client, then you're ok.
3) It is best to be registered first at http://wap.sonyericssonmobile.com (the former mobileinternet.ericsson.com) before sending your pictures.

I hope this helps.
ca_abarro
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-12 04:10
Hey there everyone!

Im from Makati, Philippines and a web programmer, just 23 yrs. old. Also a techie person.

I was also aiming for a nokia 8310 but when I saw T68 and make the comparison, T68 is a better one! Not just because of the colored display, but it's all the features that comes with it!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic