Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Sync not carry the categories!!??

Author Sync not carry the categories!!??
goge
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-29 05:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I found that teh contact info not sync the category with the outlook XP, is that can be fix or any solution about it?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-03-29 07:32
Yeah... a few people have commented on this.
goge
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-29 08:40
OK,, I check it, but they not mention if this problem about the categories can SYnc too? Anybody can help?
Bogman
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-03-29 09:08
You can't sync catagories.....it's not possible in this software version
The Bogman
P800
TDK BUD
HBH-60
mike_nunan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-04-23 11:19
I have just mailed SE and Orange to ask for some assistance with the problem of synching categories (and to draw their attention to the general flakeyness of the sync software). Copy as follows, if they respond with anything interesting I'll post it as a follow-up...

Hi,

I have recently purchased a P800 and have been experiencing some serious problems with synchronisation. First of all, large synch operations frequently produce fatal application errors either on the phone (for example in the Contacts app) or in the SyncML component on the PC. On one occasion I had to remove the battery in order to restart the phone, as it had become completely unresponsive. With a large number of records – I have over a thousand contacts, 217 memo notes and numerous calendar entries – it is impossible to know whether a subsequent re-synch will clean everything up or if the records that were being transferred at the time of the failure are corrupt. There appears to be no way of even checking the record count in each of the apps, which would allow the most basic check of comparing the counts with the corresponding ones in Outlook.

Having succeeded in transferring my Outlook data to the P800, albeit with some question over the integrity, the realisation has dawned that there is NO WAY TO CHANGE THE DESTINATION FOLDERS FOR GROUPS OF RECORDS, either in Outlook or on the phone itself. This shortcoming renders the device unfit for its intended purpose. With a large collection of contacts and notes, it is impractical to locate specific records quickly enough unless there is some form of categorisation or folder grouping. However, the only current means to achieve this would be to select each record individually, change its folder, then _go back_ to the Unfiled list and repeat the process for the next one. With around 1600 records to categorise in this way at the rate of approximately one record every 10 seconds, I estimate that this process would take around five hours of uninterrupted work, and would be error prone.

I would greatly appreciate some assistance with this problem, not just by means of a future software update (unless that will be forthcoming within the next few days) but hopefully by providing some technical information that will allow me to somehow alter the folders for groups of records. I was hoping to find that the folder was represented as a custom field in Outlook, but this doesn’t seem to be the case. Perhaps if you can provide information on the formats of the Contacts/Notes/Tasks database files on the phone, it may be possible for me to pull them off the phone and process them directly using software of my own construction.

With thanks in advance,

Mike Nunan
tylast
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-05-15 22:33
OK, i would at least like to have my notes in alphabetical order if not in the categories. Is this just me???
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi