Posted by deepsme
"One of our Motorola ninjas hit us up to give us the low-down on their brand new unreleased flapship phone. It was described to us as being Motorola’s “last stand”, so to speak. Internally, everyone is hedging their bets on this bad boy, and if this doesn’t get accepted like Motorola hopes it will, it’s all over for them. In any case, the specs on the phone codenamed Alexander are:
* Originally a 5 megapixel camera, but possibly scrapped since the ZN5 is out. It looks like it’s going to be an 8 megapixel camera phone. At least that’s what is floating around in the R&D labs…
* The device will have a built-in NVIDIA chip which will handle both video and 3D graphics.
* It will have GPS
* It might possibly be a touch screen but that has not been confirmed to us just yet.
* The phone is rumored to run UIQ as the OS, “probably version 4.0 or higher.”
* It’s called a “Dark Project” phone because of the secrecy surrounding it.
* Release right now is set for October, but as always, that could change.
* Again, this is said to be Moto’s last big attempt at getting back their market share and reclaiming victory. If this doesn’t work out, we’re told it’s all over for them and they will sell the company."
Rumor Rumor...I say it again..nothing conclusive..
[ This Message was edited by: deepsme on 2008-06-23 23:56 ]
Posted by Muhammad-Oli
Lol UIQ 4 or higher? I don't think higher seeing 4 isn't even out yet. No phones are even out with 3.3 yet, so I guess not Motorola! Not if you plan to release by October.
Posted by rajaaligarh
A Motorola phone with an 8M.P. camera sounds really amazing! I was going to buy a new phone soon and after reading this news I have decided to wait for a few more days or even a month.
Posted by gola
This should be interesting
Posted by driftmania
I hope Motorola stays in the business, their high end phones have nice build quality, just that the functions are lacking.
Posted by WhiteEye
There's their problem.