Welcome to Esato.com


Pages: 1 2

New UIQ high-end phone?


Click to view updated thread with images




Posted by zol
Is there anyone on this forum who claims currently having a non-announced high-end UIQ phone at hand? Or some other hard evidence that such handset exists? Answers like "Possibly..." do not count!

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2008-03-05 12:19 ]


Posted by Muhammad-Oli
PeterKay may still have his P5i proto. I'm sure he'll be around soon.

Just so you know, you'll get nothing out of anyone with one. SE is very strict on them leaking info, so any efforts you make to find things out will probably be wasted efforts.

_________________

[ This Message was edited by: Muhammad-Oli on 2008-03-04 10:05 ]

Posted by himlims_nl
since SEX-1 is announced most gossips are about that smartphone

maybe motorola is going to release some uiq (??)
all Rumours:wink:

_________________
[T65/T68/T610/T630/W810/K610/K700/K750/P800/P910/P990] - [ Esato Knowledge database ]
sorry for my poor english, i paid too much attention to girl

[ This Message was edited by: himlims_nl on 2008-03-04 11:48 ]

Posted by Muhammad-Oli

On 2008-03-04 12:48:02, himlims_nl wrote:
SEX-1


Hahaha, you noticed that too?

Posted by c_vignesh
Are there any major announcements in CEBIT this year from

Posted by Muhammad-Oli
Yeah, it seems odd going by recent announcements that SE would only announce one phone this time around. The least I've seen for a while is two, with it usually being 3 new phones!

Posted by ares
letīs say that that SE roadmap for 2008 has plenty more UIQ devices than G700 and G900...however, i do not know when they will announce them

Posted by himlims_nl

On 2008-03-04 13:14:30, c_vignesh wrote:
Are there any major announcements in CEBIT this year from


not realy, i only aware of W890 beeing send to logistic centers

Posted by PeterKay

On 2008-03-04 14:06:02, ares wrote:
letīs say that that SE roadmap for 2008 has plenty more UIQ devices than G700 and G900...however, i do not know when they will announce them


ditto



Posted by bodeh6
Any UIQ phone in the pipeworks packing 5MP, Xenon Flash, VGA 30FPS video? Plus for godsakes SE please start making UIQ phones for the USA too. The last phone for the USA was the P910a, then 4 years later we got the X1 (but Windows Mobile sucks), UIQ FTW!

[ This Message was edited by: bodeh6 on 2008-03-05 03:43 ]

Posted by razec
i think you are looking for beibei. aren't you?

Posted by mario2004

On 2008-03-05 04:42:36, bodeh6 wrote:
Any UIQ phone in the pipeworks packing 5MP, Xenon Flash, VGA 30FPS video? Plus for godsakes SE please start making UIQ phones for the USA too. The last phone for the USA was the P910a, then 4 years later we got the X1 (but Windows Mobile sucks), UIQ FTW!

[ This Message was edited by: bodeh6 on 2008-03-05 03:43 ]


With X1 been pushed back to 2009, it doesn't look like we will see much hitec stuff from SE this year. If you want all of the above minus UIQ, have a look at Samsung G810 or N96

Posted by ares
With X1 been pushed back to 2009


You know that has been proven wrong donīt you??? I know you know...you just like to start flame wars...

Posted by shyam335
Well,How was is it proven wrong.
Besides the page has been pulled.That mean something.

Posted by my ninja
^^^ SE themselves has stated otherwise:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/[....]-still-on-track-for-this-year/

Posted by ares
see this interview...

http://www.symbianone.com/content/view/5342/31/

Posted by laurenke01
A WVGA UIQ phone is in the works. Sounds like a P5.

Posted by PeterKay

On 2008-03-06 15:56:14, laurenke01 wrote:
A WVGA UIQ phone is in the works. Sounds like a P5.








Posted by jalf

On 2008-03-11 00:36:39, PeterKay wrote:

On 2008-03-06 15:56:14, laurenke01 wrote:
A WVGA UIQ phone is in the works. Sounds like a P5.











PK, what do you SAY?

[ This Message was edited by: jalf on 2008-03-11 10:23 ]

Posted by laurenke01
I doubt he'll say anything, but if you read the interview ares linked, it's all there. WQVGA and WVGA UIQ phones are on the road map. Dunno about the WQVGA one, but the WVGA has got to be the P5. Nothing else fits the bill at this point.

Posted by PeterKay
Silence is golden at times

Expect the unexpected (did i just say that out loud)



Posted by Muhammad-Oli
laurenke01 said he didn't expect WQVGA...

PeterKay said to expect the unexpected...

So this means...

Ice Cream for everyone!

Posted by PeterKay
with cherry on top



Posted by Muhammad-Oli
And a flake and sprinkles and chocolate dip.

Posted by himlims_nl
Sony Ericsson G800 ofc.

Posted by zol
So, if anyone still remembers the topic-opening post's question, the answer is a definite NO.


Posted by PeterKay
the answer to the title is YES.



Posted by zol
Thanks for that, but the real question is in the first post, not in the title.

Posted by PeterKay
answer to post 1 is YES



Posted by zol
Okay, this is now clear. Thanks.

Posted by Muhammad-Oli
The answer to that question is YES, but you won't find out anything else.

Posted by sep2010
will this new UIQ phone look similar to the X1 in regards to having a sliding QWERTY keyboard?

Posted by laurenke01
Yes, though whether it's vertical or horizontal remains to be seen.

Posted by my ninja
i hope to hell not, the x1 is beyond ugly way to angular, way more partial to SE design than HTC ...

i hope its in line with the rest of the design philosophy at SE, not this hackneyed angular polygonal pos that is the x1.

nice radios though i must say, but its designed like a its from the 80s envisioning the future. ie wrong. like hover cars.

pete said at one point seal was on the right track, i hope SE didnt stray to far away from something like that for their own design. such strength and tradition, the x1 is like the batard stepchild that no one should love ... yet everyone is fawning over it ... i cant wait till the pseries comes out, and beautiful just so everyone can jump ship on the x1 ... sad, sad indeed.

P= Pro; X= experience ... i hope that the P is the top of the line!!! no need to clog the podium with too many knockoffs.

Posted by PeterKay

On 2008-03-12 19:32:16, my ninja wrote:

the x1 is like the batard stepchild that no one should love ... yet everyone is fawning over it ...







Posted by razec

On 2008-03-12 19:32:16, my ninja wrote:
i hope to hell not, the x1 is beyond ugly way to angular, way more partial to SE design than HTC ...

i hope its in line with the rest of the design philosophy at SE, not this hackneyed angular polygonal pos that is the x1.

nice radios though i must say, but its designed like a its from the 80s envisioning the future. ie wrong. like hover cars.

pete said at one point seal was on the right track, i hope SE didnt stray to far away from something like that for their own design. such strength and tradition, the x1 is like the batard stepchild that no one should love ... yet everyone is fawning over it ... i cant wait till the pseries comes out, and beautiful just so everyone can jump ship on the x1 ... sad, sad indeed.

P= Pro; X= experience ... i hope that the P is the top of the line!!! no need to clog the podium with too many knockoffs.


Well that's what we call Prejudices

Posted by Muhammad-Oli
I'd like to see what the people who dislike or hate the design of the X1 think is a good looking phone! The X1 is modern and excellent design in my opinion.

Posted by C905

On 2008-03-13 07:35:44, Muhammad-Oli wrote:
I'd like to see what the people who dislike or hate the design of the X1 think is a good looking phone! The X1 is modern and excellent design in my opinion.


just my words it is the most good-looking smartphone i have ever seen

Posted by XPHCTOC
I agree with you Muhammad-Oli. I think they "hate" the design because they hate(!) WiMo...

[ This Message was edited by: XPHCTOC on 2008-03-13 20:17 ]

Posted by Muhammad-Oli
Exactly! Or they can't get over the fact that HTC made it. But I think SE designed the exterior and some of the software side. I just think HTC did the internals.

Posted by razec

On 2008-03-14 00:53:12, Muhammad-Oli wrote:
Exactly! Or they can't get over the fact that HTC made it. But I think SE designed the exterior and some of the software side. I just think HTC did the internals.



All HTC has to do is to integrate the Qualcomm CPU, the RAM, ROM etc into their PCB so i won't definitely say that X1 is by means an HTC device they just assemble the components inside, but they never made 90% of the components esp the network platform where the one responsible for this is basically Ericsson and yeah X1 body is definitely Engineered/Designed by SE and all they have to do is to let HTC build the X1 design. X1 is made with SE's idea and with HTC's experienced hands

Posted by XPHCTOC
And with Sony's battery haha

Posted by rraz9228

On 2008-03-14 17:15:38, XPHCTOC wrote:
And with Sony's battery haha


Lol. But hopefully, also with Sony screen and camera.

Posted by my ninja
the eXterior (see what i did there ... ) is very clearly NOT made by SE, it has NONE of the design language of ANY of their phones ... its an anomaly why because they didnt design it.

the fact remains that some ppl adore it, and some ppl think that it was to grab MSMobile marketshare.

it is not a half assed attept however its not SE. the aesthetics annoy me to no end, and thats a good portion of why you buy a phone is that appeals to a sense of style.

there is no style no class, im ashamed to say this but there is another phone out there that isnt as capable but stylistically crushes this elaborate mess of angles and off color aluminum.

Posted by laurenke01

On 2008-03-18 14:34:16, my ninja wrote:
the eXterior (see what i did there ... ) is very clearly NOT made by SE, it has NONE of the design language of ANY of their phones ... its an anomaly why because they didnt design it.


Ummm...have you SEEN a silver X1 next to a P1? There are very obvious design elements similar to both. Here, I'll do the hard work for you:





The earpiece is similar, the silver brushed metal trim is similar (thick at the top, tapered down on the sides), the color scheme...blah, blah, blah.

You can say that you don't care for the design of the X1, that's fine, but to say it is not visually similar to other SE phones is ignorant, plain and simple. It took its design cues from the P1.

Posted by my ninja
when was the last time that a SE phone had such hard angular buttons?

- thanks

and if a company is contracted by another company dont you think they would look to their top tier phone(s) thats in a similar segment for inspiration? i think the evidence you provided to me proves my point better than yours.

it doesnt matter, we KNOW for a FACT SE didnt design this phone, so the argument is moot.

however my personal dislike of the brick, is a matter of opinion. so hopefully SE (ericsson since sony devs the japanese SE phones) will give me the phone that THEY worked on, developing FIRM-MIDDLE-SOFT/WARE.

and is as far away design wise from the x1 as you can get. personally i hope that the "P5i" squats on the X1 just so i can see everyone stop fawning of this device, but knowing SE they wont do that ...

Posted by laurenke01

On 2008-03-20 18:48:54, my ninja wrote:

it doesnt matter, we KNOW for a FACT SE didnt design this phone, so the argument is moot.


We do? I personally cop not to have followed this board in the past few weeks as often as I have before, so maybe there have been new developments. But if it is now "fact" that HTC designed AND built the phone, I'm sure you'll link whatever credible source you have, please?

Based on my last information, HTC built the X1. Built is not the same as designed.

Furthermore, what are you griping and moaning about anyway? It's clear you have no interest in buying the X1--and for that matter, neither do I. We're all waiting on the P5...but bashing the X1 for illogical and factually flimsy reasons won't make the P5 be announced/released any sooner.

Posted by my ninja
http://www.palmblvd.com/artic[....]/2008-3-4-Sony-Ericsson-s.html

http://www.reuters.com/articl[....]NewsAndPR/idUSTP16926520070919

i dont know, but id be hard pressed to think that SE paid HTC just to build a WinMo phone esp when SE has NO history with the WinMo architecture. Thats all im saying.

this is the HighEnd UIQ but ppl are talkin about the X1 so ... sorry to threadjack.

Posted by famous12
P5i ? ?

Posted by max_wedge

On 2008-03-21 14:46:08, my ninja wrote:
http://www.palmblvd.com/artic[....]/2008-3-4-Sony-Ericsson-s.html

http://www.reuters.com/articl[....]NewsAndPR/idUSTP16926520070919

i dont know, but id be hard pressed to think that SE paid HTC just to build a WinMo phone esp when SE has NO history with the WinMo architecture. Thats all im saying.

this is the HighEnd UIQ but ppl are talkin about the X1 so ... sorry to threadjack.

if you noticed, HTC phones are different depending on the brand (example HP HTC's are nothing like XDA HTC's)

Each manufaturer designs the phone, then HTC builds it.


Pages: 1 2
Click to view updated thread with images


© Esato.com - From the Esato mobile phone discussion forum