Welcome to Esato.com


Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

SE P5i Rumours and Photoshop Thread


Click to view updated thread with images




Posted by badassmam
To be honest, I'm excited about the G700 and G900. Think of them like lower spec P5. They will be cheaper and give a good reflection of the P5 to come. If they turn out to be decent, P5 will surely be too. The P5 has to be perfect so give SE a chance to do that. SE didn't do the hype, the people on this thread did but thats because we are all excited. Just chill out, relax and enjoy the summer to come. In a few days we will see how the future of SE devices will shape up, lets hope for some serious innovation.


Posted by PeterKay
The G series is worth its wait



Posted by chombos1
i remember that rumours said that there are more than one P5i prototypes....

so maybe the G900i is one of those prototypes (not the final one- i think the final one is paris)... if so, then (taking into account the PK's impressions on the first proto) G900 is an amazing phone that shows much of the so called P5i specs

Posted by PeterKay
also can tell you the system information says P220i.



Posted by hansen
@ chombos1

If Tyra is going to get announced on Sunday it can hardly be a prototype, don't you think?

Posted by Muhammad-Oli
So the thread needs a rename to G900i? And its codename is Tyra?

Posted by chombos1
@hansen....

i think that your informations is not complete then...

there are numerous prototypes under the name of P5i... each with different specs and different designs...


when i say that G900 is one of those protos then it means that on of those protos made it's way to the production line an is going to be presented... don't you think?

Posted by XPHCTOC
To Muhammad Oli
I don't think so.


[ This Message was edited by: XPHCTOC on 2008-02-06 11:49 ]

Posted by bodeh6
Will Tyra (G900i) and Josephine (G700i) sport the new UI though UIQ 4/Symbina 9.5? I don't want to see them using the same HW and FW as the P1i/W960i. Then I would laugh my bum off at SE for a long time.



Posted by Muhammad-Oli
Ah ok, I'm just a bit confused! I was trying to come to grips with what you're saying, and I was going by this post by you:


On 2008-02-06 11:55:06, XPHCTOC wrote:

Tyra (G900i)

• 2,X"- Touchscreen (probably it'll have a 2,6" screen)
• WLAN
• 5 Megapixel



So that ^^^ is not the phone we have been calling the P5i?
Anyone care to explain this a bit more clearly? PK? Cheers!

EDIT: What about these posts in the other thread?


On 2008-02-06 12:21:13, Maximys wrote:
I have only one idea, that P5i - it's G900i.



On 2008-02-06 12:21:44, PeterKay wrote:
correct max




Seems like I'm right?

_________________

[ This Message was edited by: Muhummad-Oli on 2008-02-06 11:58 ]

Posted by hansen
@chombos1

Oh, you mean like that. I get your point then.

Posted by anonymuser
I can't tell you how much I want all these announcements to be made, and this whole thread to be over. I'm not even remotely interested in the phones anymore, they're obviously already delayed and will be completely outdated and irrelevant by the time they reach the market, but if I have to read another enigmatic hint or half-arsed analysis I think I'll scream. Just get over yourselves, everyone - it's been three months already without even a single official word on the subject, and the wait is so not worth it! If you want a "cutting edge" SE smartphone, your choice from now until Christmas is still the P1, whatever eventually happens...

Posted by Muhammad-Oli

On 2008-02-06 13:01:03, Boinng wrote:
...if I have to read another enigmatic hint or half-arsed analysis I think I'll scream. Just get over yourselves, everyone...


Don't read this thread then! Nobody says you have to read any of this. YOUR opinion is not the same as OUR opinion.

_________________

[ This Message was edited by: Muhummad-Oli on 2008-02-06 12:08 ]

Posted by Tigershark42
Boing is right. All we DO know is, expect something new, and supposedly high end from SE. THEY gave us a clue to this with the number of times they said things like 'BIG IDEAS' etc in their invite. But theres no point in going back and forth over codenames and numbers, because I doubt there is anyone here who knows for certain.
Its not that you cant talk about it, but all the codenames and numbers are just nauseating and offputting.

[ This Message was edited by: Tigershark42 on 2008-02-06 12:11 ]

Posted by Pierke

On 2008-02-06 13:07:30, Tigershark42 wrote:
But theres no point in going back and forth over codenames and numbers, because I doubt there is anyone here who knows for certain.


Amen!

Posted by Muhammad-Oli
I must admit I find the codenames part rather tedious. I mean, what is the reason for knowing a codename? Especially when half of us are just reading this thread to eventually buy the device, I don't think the codename matters at all.

Though it may matter for some odd reason that you're probably going to tell me now...

Posted by Tigershark42
Nope, what's in a name? Man its not like SE has directly told us any of these names anyway, so for all we know Josephine is Tyra and Tyra is Josephine, maybe these arent the names at all anyway, its all just completely irrelevant assumption.

Posted by Muhammad-Oli
Exactly. And I mean, if we know Tyra is G900i, then why call it Tyra at all? And its not like I'm gonna get one and go, "Oooh look at my new Tyra!"

People would look at me funny and keep well away from me. I also don't see the point in the lists of codenames on websites which are from previous models. Codenames are for for when a device is secret, thats why they are coded! When they are announced, the codenames are redundant! Well they should be.

Posted by GTommy
Tyra will be similiar to Josephine in size...
But I can also say that they will have Symbian 9.1 and the UIQ 3 but with some interface improvments...but not so big imporvments if you compare to Paris and Beibei...
Alltgough I hope Paris and Beibei will incorpate symbian 9.5 I also hope SE learnt their lessons from the P990 and M600 release...Also what Nokia had to with the N95. So why was the P990 so catastrophic...Since system is loaded into ram the user actually gets less ram free compared to the P910 who loades system programs directlyl on the fly from the rom...However with the release of the P1 SE released a phone with much more ram...And it improved its system stability very much...So I can say that Tyra and Josephine will be very stable since they are based on the P990,P1...But I hope Paris and Beibei also get stable since SE have learnt their lesson regarding ram together with dynamic garbage collection that Symbian 9.5 incoropate.

Posted by technical-expert
@GTommy

G900 and p5 are 2 different phones ?

Posted by Muhammad-Oli
Heres what I think but I'm a bit confused:

P5i = Tyra = G900i (actual name).

Paris = Completely different phone.

I'm likely wrong though

_________________

[ This Message was edited by: Muhummad-Oli on 2008-02-06 12:26 ]

Posted by ares
But I can also say that they will have Symbian 9.1 and the UIQ 3 but with some interface improvments...but not so big imporvments if you compare to Paris and Beibei...


like i said before, SE is working with 2 new UIQ variations...one will be used on the devices to be presented at 3GSM, and the other one, the so called UIQ4 based on Symbian 9.5 will only come later in this year, its not ready yet

i see no problem on the G series phones to not use symbian 9.5 right now, because they will have plenty of RAM...however...if they still use the same old processor of P990, W960, P1, that would be very bad - but i don´t think so...i am sure they will be based on totally new hardware, and the fact they have a GPS chip inside already shows that
_________________
P1i + M24gb + hbh ds970
uiqblog.com

[ This Message was edited by: ares on 2008-02-06 12:35 ]

Posted by GTommy
I think they will be based on the same processor too...since they are binary compatible with P1...U can load the old programs to...Im not sure of the new platform will allow that...

Posted by chombos1
@gtommy

hardware's job is only carring out the software orders (in case of program compability)
do you think that the P990 could not have a better processor?

backward compatibility is a software related matter not hardware...

and having better hardware does not mean that the old programs won't be compatible.

Posted by m-one
All UIQs are backwards compatible

Don't think the new G-Series is based on UIQ3.0 again. At least I've been told the W960i was the last UIQ3.0 based device. Hope SE didn't change their minds.

G-Series have absolutely nothing to do with P-Series or your all beloved P5i

And @ XPHCTOC

If you quote s.o please do it in the right context and don't say "the Germans".

[ This Message was edited by: m-one on 2008-02-06 13:39 ]

Posted by XPHCTOC
So wait and see?


Posted by Tigershark42
What does the G in G-series stand for (e.g. P is PDA, W is walkman, etc). Could it be Gaming and/or multimedia?

Posted by m-one
P stands for Professional and not for PDA

Posted by Tigershark42
Not according to USEB. http://blog.se-nse.net/codenames/

I personally would have thought it should stand for Performance.

Anyway, Im not fussed, we all know what P is. But what is G?

Posted by laurenke01
"Goofy."

Anyway, what is everyone's recommendation? Buy Tyra, wait for Paris and BeiBei later this year? That seems like overkill, even for me.

Is Tyra good enough?

What is the real reason for the delay of Paris, if it is indeed true? It seems like there has been ample time to get it all together.

Of course, there's also the chance that Paris doesn't even exist, but has been replaced by this "Tyra" device, as they seem to have similar specs.

[ This Message was edited by: laurenke01 on 2008-02-06 14:10 ]

Posted by goldenface

On 2008-02-06 14:40:59, m-one wrote:
P stands for Professional and not for PDA


Index letters explained.

Posted by XPHCTOC
The letters explained ... except the T. So what does T mean?

Posted by skblakee
This thread is funny. A P5i rumors thread with rumors about non P5i that are now saying essentially that there is no P5i only other lower end phones coming on stream.

Why then has PK been saying that the proto he has will be better than the N95 and other great phones out there?

So can't even get rumors right? Why is allowing Nokia to bring out so many great phones while they sit idly by? Are they conceding? Or are they releasing phones that would compete in lower ends gradually up t the high end presumed P5i?

Posted by bodeh6
So is the G900i gonna just be a P1i with a fancy UI over UIQ 3 (similar to what HTC does with Windows Mobile) and 5MP camera?
Will it have GPS?
VGA Recording?
If it doesn't have those, then SE might as well close down its smartphone departmant.

Posted by sealover94
Because no one knows about phones that SE will present in a few days..
So just w8 It's the best you can do

Posted by abinge05
Hard to believe that they would name these with such similarity to the Samsungs...

Posted by my ninja
such a nice screen ...

http://gizmodo.com/353139/son[....]low-it-to-travel-outside-japan

makes you dream about sonys left hand letting the right hand in on something , ANYTHING!!!



Posted by PeterKay

On 2008-02-06 15:27:41, skblakee wrote:
This thread is funny. A P5i rumors thread with rumors about non P5i that are now saying essentially that there is no P5i only other lower end phones coming on stream.

Why then has PK been saying that the proto he has will be better than the N95 and other great phones out there?

So can't even get rumors right? Why is allowing Nokia to bring out so many great phones while they sit idly by? Are they conceding? Or are they releasing phones that would compete in lower ends gradually up t the high end presumed P5i?



This is a P5i Rumour thread, for the 300th time, what i have with me may not be called that but you will find out the model number in due course.


Posted by famous12
I think G stands for GPS ...New series means new sort of design,new themes,new color,new unique special features....in other words new world

If SE doesnt announce UIQ 4 and keeps this announcement limited to UIQ3.x then I dont think they are going to do theirselves any good.

The reason I say is that because there is just too much competition in the market. The 1st to release is always the winner.

Is it SE's strategy or inability to announce and release phones in a shorter term rather than delaying ?

BUT what about X-series ? the series for ultra high end superphones ? ? Xperia ? ? ? what was all that for ?

[ This Message was edited by: famous12 on 2008-02-06 14:47 ]

Posted by laurenke01

On 2008-02-06 15:37:54, PeterKay wrote:

This is a P5i Rumour thread, for the 300th time, what i have with me may not be called that but you will find out the model number in due course.


So do you believe the device you are carrying (whatever it is or is called) will be announced on Monday or not?

Posted by PeterKay
Possibly.


Posted by laurenke01
OK.

So I'll maintain in my personal little happy-fun land that Bella/Paris/P5i/Tyra/G900i is the same device.

Posted by m-one
To make it short: No! Paris won't be announced this time...

@PK

You can now stop writing 'possibly'

@laurenke

Nope, Bella was the old Paris "(P5i)". G900i is something else besides P-Series.

[ This Message was edited by: m-one on 2008-02-06 15:00 ]

Posted by chombos1
@famous12

UIQ3 is not that bad....
it was the hardware limitations on the UIQ3 devices that was annoying....

UIQ3 is an symbian UI and workspace... it does not need any structral change....

for example flash support has nothing to do with UIQ3... it's about hardware capabilties of the processor and just a simple plugin!!

you think that if it was possible to put UIQ4(if it exists) in the P990 then it solves the problems? NO.

(((((((((it is all about hardware!!!...)))))))))))

if it was possible to put UIQ3 on a hardware like a N95 then you will definitly be shocked that what is the real UI speed.

[ This Message was edited by: chombos1 on 2008-02-06 15:09 ]

Posted by laurenke01

On 2008-02-06 15:55:17, m-one wrote:

@laurenke

Nope, Bella was the old Paris "(P5i)". G900i is something else besides P-Series.


Hey! This is MY personal little happy-fun land!

So long as Tyra has GPS.

Posted by bodeh6
GPS is very important now with Smartphones. HTC and Nokia are making them standard in their smartphones. SE Should do the same. Google Maps is one big reason.

Posted by skblakee
PK,
As long as the P5i or other is a great phone I am going to be happy. I just thought that it was established that the upcoming release would have been a P series successor.
That however does not take away from as long as it is a marked improvement and as long as it takes to the next level which I believe it will.



Posted by Tigershark42
1- Why do you care what series it is if specs are the same
2- There is no firm evidence yet of a G or X series, so stop insinuating about it until we can see it
3- Stop filling the thread asking 'will it come out on SUNday' (NOT Monday N00b) because theres no point to that recycling just wait a few more days and find out
4- If SE takes longer to release the device than other manufacturers, then you will see the difference in specs, build quality, durability, software improvements etc, battery life etc, theyre not gonna delay it for no good reason. If they release it too early, then another P990 fiasco is not what theyre avoiding. S60, WM etc are different software sets and so have different sets of issues which may need to be corrected, UIQ seems to need more attention to detail, so let that be the case.
5- Again, please, no more codenames or imaginary names; this thread isnt about other devices, its about the P5, stop comparing them all and mixing them because it helps noone
6- Dont go into too much detail about hardware specs etc (processor this, clock speed that) and OMG whyyyyyyy would it not be backwards compatible
7- Stop asking PK irrelevant questions or things he cannot answer
I can see why ppl like Mizzle have stopped posting here...

Posted by PeterKay
think i'm gonna stop posting too.



Posted by Tigershark42
If I were you I would have by now TBH. Cheers for staying on though


Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
Click to view updated thread with images


© Esato.com - From the Esato mobile phone discussion forum