Welcome to Esato.com


Pages: Previous  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349  Next
News Articles:

Technical details:
• Ericsson R380
• Ericsson R520
• Ericsson R600
• Ericsson T29s
• Ericsson T39
• Ericsson T60d
• Sony Xperia A
• Sony Xperia Acro S
• Sony Xperia Advance
• Sony Xperia C
• Sony Xperia E
• Sony Xperia E Dual
• Sony Xperia E1
• Sony Xperia E1 Dual
• Sony Xperia Ion LT28at
• Sony Xperia J
• Sony Xperia L
• Sony Xperia M2
• Sony Xperia Miro
• Sony Xperia Neo L
• Sony Xperia P
• Sony Xperia S
• Sony Xperia SL
• Sony Xperia Sola
• Sony Xperia SP
• Sony Xperia SX
• Sony Xperia T
• Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
• Sony Xperia Tipo
• Sony Xperia Tipo Dual
• Sony Xperia TL
• Sony Xperia TX
• Sony Xperia U
• Sony Xperia V
• Sony Xperia VL
• Sony Xperia Z
• Sony Xperia Z Ultra
• Sony Xperia Z1
• Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
• Sony Xperia Z2
• Sony Xperia ZL
• Sony Xperia ZQ
• Sony Xperia ZR

The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2008


Click to view updated thread with images




Posted by Dups!

On 2008-10-12 18:48:36, djin wrote:
looks more like c902 to me



True, but what we're getting at is that it has all of the features (from the rumours, that is) of the K850i but less of the unique design. C902 doesn't have the Xenon flash.

As for the HSUPA, that's really not much of an upgrade IMO.


Posted by bodeh6
So still no GPS? Boo SE. GPS should be standard on mid-tier in 2008/2009. Filippa is a good competitor to the Nokia 6220 classic and that has GPS and Filippa will cost more then the 6220 Classic.

Posted by domipost

On 2008-10-12 18:52:51, ramintop wrote:
iPhone 3g= iPhone reborn
n96= n95 reborn
lg renoir= lg viewty reborn
samsung innov8= n95 reborn




No. According to GSM Arena preview of the Renoir:

We've got to say that LG Renoir was an immensely pleasant surprise because in our line of work we rarely see so much innovation in the course of two product generations. Other manufacturers (did somebody say Apple?) should definitely take note and act accordingly.


So the "lg renoir=lg viewty reborn" part doesn't make sense

Posted by NightBlade

On 2008-10-12 20:17:59, domipost wrote:

So the "lg renoir=lg viewty reborn" part doesn't make sense

It pretty much does, actually.

Posted by CrazyGuns
how bout the 5800? what is it reborn from?

Posted by xironghostx

On 2008-10-12 20:26:35, CrazyGuns wrote:
how bout the 5800? what is it reborn from?


3210?

[ This Message was edited by: xironghostx on 2008-10-12 19:28 ]

Posted by ramintop

On 2008-10-12 20:17:59, domipost wrote:

On 2008-10-12 18:52:51, ramintop wrote:
iPhone 3g= iPhone reborn
n96= n95 reborn
lg renoir= lg viewty reborn
samsung innov8= n95 reborn




No. According to GSM Arena preview of the Renoir:

We've got to say that LG Renoir was an immensely pleasant surprise because in our line of work we rarely see so much innovation in the course of two product generations. Other manufacturers (did somebody say Apple?) should definitely take note and act accordingly.


So the "lg renoir=lg viewty reborn" part doesn't make sense


lets see, same screen, camera resolution bump from 5 to 8mp, no other change in the camera department, add wifi & gps, am i missing something?

and im talking flagships here, 5800 is not a flagship and not high-end.

Posted by gola

On 2008-10-12 20:28:45, xironghostx wrote:

On 2008-10-12 20:26:35, CrazyGuns wrote:
how bout the 5800? what is it reborn from?


3210?

[ This Message was edited by: xironghostx on 2008-10-12 19:28 ]


Posted by Muhammad-Oli
If that's the C902's successor, then I want to vomit. The C902 looks so awesome, but this... This looks crap. Especially the back. The only think C902ish in it's design is the lower part of the keypad and maybe the speaker on the back.

I don't believe it is the C902 successor cause it doesn't move on far enough from the C902 to be the successor. I still think it's the K770i successor because it is actually a decent upgrade from that. If I'm wrong then SE made a real bad design decision.

Posted by marty mcfly

On 2008-10-12 21:43:10, ramintop wrote:

lets see, same screen, camera resolution bump from 5 to 8mp, no other change in the camera department, add wifi & gps, am i missing something?



Yes quite a lot actually. There have been several changes to the camera, with plenty of additional features added like smile shutters, face detection, touch focus, touch manual focus, etc that weren't in the Viewty. There is now a manual lens cover, and video capabilities have been upped to WVGA, as well as 5 frames per second fast recording to complement the 120 frames per sec slow video capture.
The menu system has been revamped to allow menu icons to be dragged and dropped to new locations, and scrolling has been changed to be as smooth as iPhone scrolling, complete with rubber band effects.
Adding Wi-Fi and GPS is not exactly a minor tweak as well is it?
Renoir is a huge jump from the sometimes awkward Viewty. The reviews don't say that for no reason.


This message was posted from a K810i


_________________
Show off your Macro skills in Octobers Camera Phone Shootout

[ This Message was edited by: marty mcfly on 2008-10-13 00:09 ]

Posted by marty mcfly

On 2008-10-13 00:07:45, Muhammad-Oli wrote:
If that's the C902's successor, then I want to vomit. The C902 looks so awesome, but this... This looks crap. Especially the back. The only think C902ish in it's design is the lower part of the keypad and maybe the speaker on the back.

I don't believe it is the C902 successor cause it doesn't move on far enough from the C902 to be the successor. I still think it's the K770i successor because it is actually a decent upgrade from that. If I'm wrong then SE made a real bad design decision.



I would rather think it is to the C905, what the K770i was to the K850i. But I seem to remember about a year ago now, there was talk of a new version of the K850i with a sliding shutter at the back. Surely this is it?
And what happened to that housing that was leaked at about the same time, very thin and square cornered, with a Cyber-shot shutter at the back, with 3x Optical Zoom stamped on it?
I'll try and find that picture somewhere...


This message was posted from a K810i

_________________
Show off your Macro skills in Octobers Camera Phone Shootout



EDIT

It's sad I remembered this, but even sadder I found it so quick!





This is from August 20th last year! How can I not remember lunchtime, but can remember this?
Source

[ This Message was edited by: marty mcfly on 2008-10-13 00:08 ]

Posted by >500
its most likely the k770 successor.

similar design characteristics being the give away.....

same sorta lens cover, same d-pad etc.

Posted by clauf
one of the phones u wish SE would cancel

Posted by Muhammad-Oli
^^^Agreed.

Posted by razec
you guys are full of emotionally loaded preconceptions. I prefer this design over k850. c902 looks nice but thats it. for a cybershot device this phone has better specs. And the lens cover looks sturdier imo reminds me of the K750.

Posted by goldenface

On 2008-10-13 02:42:12, >500 wrote:
its most likely the k770 successor.

similar design characteristics being the give away.....

same sorta lens cover, same d-pad etc.



I agree. The K770i was announced over 1 year ago so its due for an update sometime soon. The C902 is still relatively new.

Posted by Zuckabaecka
a bigger screen would be the only reason why I would buy this K770i successor....

Posted by domipost

On 2008-10-12 21:43:10, ramintop wrote:

On 2008-10-12 20:17:59, domipost wrote:

On 2008-10-12 18:52:51, ramintop wrote:
iPhone 3g= iPhone reborn
n96= n95 reborn
lg renoir= lg viewty reborn
samsung innov8= n95 reborn




No. According to GSM Arena preview of the Renoir:

We've got to say that LG Renoir was an immensely pleasant surprise because in our line of work we rarely see so much innovation in the course of two product generations. Other manufacturers (did somebody say Apple?) should definitely take note and act accordingly.


So the "lg renoir=lg viewty reborn" part doesn't make sense


lets see, same screen, camera resolution bump from 5 to 8mp, no other change in the camera department, add wifi & gps, am i missing something?

and im talking flagships here, 5800 is not a flagship and not high-end.


Ask GSM Arena

Posted by DarkKrypt

Sony Ericsson Kokura(CyberShot), it will apparently feature a whopping 12 megapixel camera, come complete with a touchscreen and iPhone-like interface, and will be based on the TI3240 chipset with the Symbian OS version 9.4 and S60 rel 5 interface. ...


user rumel1988 commented this about the c905 on gsmarena ...quite interesting..
rumour or..not?

im thinking it could be that 3 way sliding sony ericsson..

_________________
SeAnity
Mini-esato
Currently OwN G900

[ This Message was edited by: DarkKrypt on 2008-10-13 11:09 ]

Posted by kura998
http://semcblog.com/reviews/g702/

^^

Posted by dancingfate

On 2008-10-13 16:26:14, kura998 wrote:
http://semcblog.com/reviews/g702/

^^

AFAIK Beibei is cancelled, so what's the purpose of that review? To makes us jealous?

Posted by kura998
OMG... I had choosed bad topic ;/ ... Sorry!

Posted by Pop Lover

http://www.se4m.com/en-blog/?p=88

Posted by goldenface
Thanks for the link Poplover. Kate looks like it will take over from where the K810i / K800i left off.



Posted by gola
^^true, but it also seems like it took a step back with the led flash. Nice looking phone again though, it's got some G700 and C702 aspects to it...
According to “BST-38″ the phone has 3.2mp camera powered with dual LED flash, active lens cover, smile shutter and face detection.


_________________
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7

[ This Message was edited by: gola on 2008-10-13 16:29 ]

Posted by Pop Lover








Posted by my ninja
bigger, higher resolution screens (HTC/LG/Samsung are crusing SE, funny how sony is ahead of everyone for OLEDs, even has one for sale but cant translate that to cell phones, or will even try ... slow on the uptake) they first and formost need to minimize the bezel on their screens that makes ALL of their phones look cheap, and for their price point no one wants to feel like their money went to cheap plastic.

dedicated A/V for phones that are supposed to be Cybershot/Walkman they need to actually have the chipsets that will allow them to EXCEL in these segments, with the top tier offering having BOTH new chipsets so we dont have a performance hit when trying to use the phone in the manner it was marketed.

3.5mm jack, OR the ability to use the remotes that CDP/MD(R)P have been using since 1992!

this wasnt meant to be a wishlist but, w.e i just wanted to illustrate the raod SE should take in 2009. upgrade the hardware not the plastic around it. if you have a 8.1mpx sensor then it should have its own processor to handle the images, simple as that, separate from the phones main processor.

Posted by chombos1

On 2008-10-13 19:08:52, my ninja wrote:
bigger, higher resolution screens (HTC/LG/Samsung are crusing SE, funny how sony is ahead of everyone for OLEDs, even has one for sale but cant translate that to cell phones, or will even try ... slow on the uptake) they first and formost need to minimize the bezel on their screens that makes ALL of their phones look cheap, and for their price point no one wants to feel like their money went to cheap plastic.

dedicated A/V for phones that are supposed to be Cybershot/Walkman they need to actually have the chipsets that will allow them to EXCEL in these segments, with the top tier offering having BOTH new chipsets so we dont have a performance hit when trying to use the phone in the manner it was marketed.

3.5mm jack, OR the ability to use the remotes that CDP/MD(R)P have been using since 1992!

this wasnt meant to be a wishlist but, w.e i just wanted to illustrate the raod SE should take in 2009. upgrade the hardware not the plastic around it. if you have a 8.1mpx sensor then it should have its own processor to handle the images, simple as that, separate from the phones main processor.


actually sonyEricsson is using OLEDs widely in it's japanies models... long time ago... in 800x480 resolution with BRAVIA quality.... long time ago.

i think your request is the most simple one by SE................ just if they release a few of their damn good japanies phones in rest of world.


Posted by clauf
Kate looks better than Fillipa... -___-" But even if you slap a 5.0 mp camera onto Kate and cancel Fillipa, I still don't see the purpose of the phone. C902 is good enough and still looks better to me (though I do like the cover design on the Kate).

I hate how Sony Ericsson now limits itself when it comes to producing phones. They keep on thinking "successor", and only produce successors of popular phones. Well, that just limits you on producing phones! News flash: A phone is only popular because of good design, innovation, and price. Producing successors of popular phones does not mean that the phone will become popular as well... ~__~

Kind of early in the morning... the rant above probably doesn't make too much sense ARGH

Posted by n3o
@all

do you think will Fillipa have Wlan/WiFi

Posted by driftmania
doubt it, this is a midend cybershot, so it's pretty unlikely it'd have wifi.

Posted by tranced
And gps?

Posted by driftmania
maybe, so many phones are getting gps lately, it shouldn't hurt to put it in this one for geotagging.

Posted by amorphus
IMHO, if Filippa hasn't Wi-Fi, Moto ZN5 will be more preferable in countries without 3G or for people who don't use it. ZN5 has 3.5 mm standard audio jack and great sound quality also.

Posted by Muhammad-Oli
Wow, now Kate looks nice. So much better looking than ugly Filippa with the ugly name. I agree with Clauf though, the C902 still looks nicer, but Kate is definitely close to it!

Posted by c96sthl
I think we don't have a thread for SE phone wishlist.

what they should try now is to upgrade Ning C702 to be better in term of robustness until we can submerge a phone for some 1m shallow water camera session....yes phone wasn't meant to do so but camera are....look at olympus.

Since C702 is all most like a niche phone .... and it really got no much competition out there. They should grab the chance.

more over I do hope they can upgrade it with improvement on the brightness for LCD. Now sure...I saw many new phone using mineral glass like W580 seem to have brighter display compare C702. It will be good to make it brighter since the product is meant for outdoor usage?

Posted by razec
Kate in front reminds me of K530, side iew from C702 and K850, back design from Samsung G810 and camera lens design from C902. i would also call this remix phone just like W902 and Filippa but the way SE rendered the looks were much better - shame they didn't include xenon flash. i don't think it would raise the price that much.

I just hope Filippa and Kata would deliver much better image quality than C902 and C702.

Posted by domipost
I like both the phones, but they are pretty pointless indeed

Posted by goldenface
There is a market for them, they'll do well if the price is right.

The interesting stuff is yet to come.



Posted by domipost
That's what they said about K770i....

Posted by xell
And it did well afaik, didn't it?

Posted by domipost
Not really, afaik. Not bad but not good either. But I can be wrong on that one...

Posted by goldenface
In the UK Market its still in the Top 20 best contract sellers, almost a year after its launch which isn't too bad. link



Kate and Fillipa, although not groundbreaking devices, should also do quite well but SE needs to roll out the big-guns.

Anyway, what are the chances of some nice hardware being announced at the begininning of the Smartphone show next Tuesday. It would be nice to have a leak on the night before - which just so happens to be the anniversary of this threads 1st post.



[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2008-10-14 17:30 ]

Posted by gtr83
The pics by BST-38 could very well be C712

Posted by domipost
I don't think so. That would suggest a rugged device (which neither Kate nor Fillipa is, i think). Fillipa could well be C912, but I think Kate is more something like C760 or somthing

Posted by n3o

On 2008-10-14 18:23:37, goldenface wrote:
Anyway, what are the chances of some nice hardware being announced at the begininning of the Smartphone show next Tuesday. It would be nice to have a leak on the night before - which just so happens to be the anniversary of this threads 1st post.



[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2008-10-14 17:30 ]
hm...isn't SE canceled Symbian on their phones?...or should we see some more devices with WM software on the Smartphone show next Tuesday!?!?

Posted by my ninja
they need engineers software and hardware not business men, truly epic recontructs, of proven phones. its funny how thats they cut down on R&D which is the ONLY way to move a company forward.

R AND D ... they take NO chances at creating truly innovative phones.

except for the plastic around the mainboard.

Posted by moogoo
i slightly disagree. I agree that R&D moves a company forward because if you don't have a stellar product, you won't sell any of it.

But maybe they got rid of the leaches in R&D that was bringing them down? Instead of paying those jokers, they will instead use the money to give to the quality R&D folks to give us better products and eventually hire more, QUALITY R&D folks to continue the trend....



Posted by xironghostx

On 2008-10-14 21:54:03, moogoo wrote:
i slightly disagree. I agree that R&D moves a company forward because if you don't have a stellar product, you won't sell any of it.

But maybe they got rid of the leaches in R&D that was bringing them down? Instead of paying those jokers, they will instead use the money to give to the quality R&D folks to give us better products and eventually hire more, QUALITY R&D folks to continue the trend....




Maybe, bot the upcoming phones doesn't look that impressive. Right?



Posted by moogoo
as we all know.. it takes several years to develop a phone... they only laid off the R&D folks recently.. it will be awhile before we see anything that will harken back the days of innovation and market leadership for SE...


Pages: Previous  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349  Next
Click to view updated thread with images


© Esato.com - From the Esato mobile phone discussion forum