Welcome to Esato.com


Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Phone Flashing Tutorial XS++


Click to view updated thread with images




Posted by tranced
no, it isnt.

XS+ Update for W910, K850 (Yes or No)




Posted by diabu
can anyone help me how to make my w850i use other network, its locked to one network only and i want to use it to other network.. thnks

Posted by Wirral Bagpuss
I have flashed my P1i using this software and all i can say it's fantastic!!!Gone is the o2 branding and stuff and i now have the latest world generic SE software!!! Lovely !!! If a woman in her late 30s can do this, then anyone can !!!!

Posted by SilveR.
Thanks for this thread.. very nice guide.

I just flashed mine K800 to K810 firmware, works great.. but light at keypad seems become crazy.. Any one have some patch to fix the key lights so it's more like K810??



Posted by tranced

On 2008-05-17 14:11:28, SilveR. wrote:
but light at keypad seems become crazy.. Any one have some patch to fix the key lights so it's more like K810??


read here and you'll find how to fix it:

K810 firmware in K800, is it possible?

Posted by SilveR.
I did follow that thread to flash mine K800 to K810 very nice topic, seems I have missed the keypad light file some where..

Posted by zaeem

On 2008-05-16 01:05:05, diabu wrote:
can anyone help me how to make my w850i use other network, its locked to one network only and i want to use it to other network.. thnks


There is something called "SIMLockPatchGen_v2.1" it unlocks your phone using
setool lite v.1.11/v1.10
It generates a patch for your firmware.Have a look here:
"http://unlockk800.blogspot.com/2008/01/unlock-k800.html"
it should work on your phone aswell or try
"http://www.gsmindia.in/forum/showthread.php?t=10826"

Posted by strizlow800
Simlock patch generator works with several platforms except PNX5230... DB2020 phones like K800 K790 K810 W850 W580 should be unlocked without any problem... Anyway the procedure of patching is a bit different than flashing... It could be done with jdflasher...

Posted by tinoleo
after read all of discussion i conclude that is ok if i finalize with cust pack which its CDA is different with former CDA.am i right? cause i can't find CDA 102511/1 R1A

Posted by coin2005
H! Guys ...!

Can Sum1 Help me Plzz ??
I want to upload that " R8BF003 CID53 " Firmware for my K790 ...
Sum1 tell me ?? .. Which Software i use "XS++ ??" OR "SETOOL2 ??"

My Current Firmware is " R8BF003 CID52 " ....

Sorry 4 my English ... Reply & Help me Plzz ...!


Posted by tinoleo
i'm not sure.. i think you should upgrade first to CID 53, IMO

Posted by coin2005
Buddy Can U tell me plz How 2 i upgrade CID53

plzz reply

Posted by strizlow800
Why the hell you want CID53 phone????? You cannot mod it further...

Anyway if you are not a modder, and still want CID53 you can update it with Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS) cuz XS++ does not support CID53 flashing yet...

Posted by jms2367
i tried flahing my phone's camera driver but xs++ said that my phone is not supported even though it recognizes it. i own a k800i. what could be the problem?

Posted by mr_mr2008
I have a post about a problem I have with flashing my K750i. I don't know what could have gone wrong. XS++ gives me an error message that I can't understand. I'm doing everything as it is said in this topic and just don't know. The error is something like this:
error in binary
or something I don't remember exactly.
The process stops and halts like this. I STOPED it. I don't know should I try again. I don't want to brake my phone I just bought it .
If anyone there can help me PLEASE post a reply here or in the topic I opened.
THANKS.

Posted by strizlow800
@mr_mr2008: I answered your question here:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=171000

Posted by jms2367
just found out that my phone is cid53 (k800i). i am able to access my k610i's fsx via xs++. the problem w/ my k800i being cid53, i can't access it's file system using xs++. i tried jdflaher, but it shuts down everytime i activate the pug-in from far manager. any suggestions on how to fix this error? thanks..

Posted by GazzaGB
XS++ says my phone isnt supported.

Its the K810 and i think im using the correct flash firmware:

23:48:26| Profiling SEMC phone...
23:48:26| Platform: DB2020
23:48:26| OTP CID: 51
23:48:26| EROM CID: 53
23:48:26| EROM Color: Red
23:48:26| IMEI: 35799401xxxxxx
23:48:26| Phone ID: K810
23:48:26| Region: EUROPE_2
23:48:26| CDA: CDA102568/11 R2A
23:48:26| Firmware Version: R8BA024
23:48:26| EROM: R3A022
23:48:26| Ready for operation!
23:49:20| Sorry, your phone is NOT SUPPORTED
23:49:20| Error: Cannot send flash loader
23:49:20| Error: Flashing failed
23:49:22| Disconnected... Unplug the phone



Posted by jhayms

On 2008-06-12 00:51:42, GazzaGB wrote:
XS++ says my phone isnt supported.

Its the K810 and i think im using the correct flash firmware:

23:48:26| Profiling SEMC phone...
23:48:26| Platform: DB2020
23:48:26| OTP CID: 51
23:48:26| EROM CID: 53
23:48:26| EROM Color: Red
23:48:26| IMEI: 35799401xxxxxx
23:48:26| Phone ID: K810
23:48:26| Region: EUROPE_2
23:48:26| CDA: CDA102568/11 R2A
23:48:26| Firmware Version: R8BA024
23:48:26| EROM: R3A022
23:48:26| Ready for operation!
23:49:20| Sorry, your phone is NOT SUPPORTED
23:49:20| Error: Cannot send flash loader
23:49:20| Error: Flashing failed
23:49:22| Disconnected... Unplug the phone



xs++ 3.1 does not support cid53 yet.. use jdflasher... check these threads

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=170737

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=167997



Posted by strizlow800
I HATE CID53... just because this modding stuff... and XS++ does not support it yet... so for everyone of you that have cid53 phones and want to flash use the link jhayms gave to you... My tutorial works with all DB2010 and DB2020 phones EXCEPT CID53 ones... A200 platform phones like K850 or W910 not supported by XS++ yet...


CID53 FLASHING TUTORIAL:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=170737


Posted by iamsinned06
i have a k610i and i want to know what i can do with its current version;

heres my fone info:

R1CF001 prgCXC1250374_GENERIC_TH R1CF001

EROM: R3A016
prgCXC1250487_EROM_DB2020_
THELMA_MIWA_RIKO_FOTA_SIMLOCK_FLAFLA_SIBLY_SEMC USB

LCD SW VERSION: 200604187

CAMERA SOFTWARE VERSION: 2.8

VIDEO CALL CAMERA CURRENT: 1.14

ITP SW VERSION: CXC 125 0308 R2D

COSTUMATION CDA102568/6 R4A cxc1250376
R1CF001 M_EAST_N_AFR

JAVA VERSION: 7.1UPDATE SERVICE SW UA VERSION:
CRH1069179
R3B015 2006-04-26

any suggestions or whatsoever that is good for the fone?

Posted by strizlow800

On 2008-06-21 11:07:55, iamsinned06 wrote:
i have a k610i and i want to know what i can do with its current version;

heres my fone info:

R1CF001 prgCXC1250374_GENERIC_TH R1CF001

EROM: R3A016
prgCXC1250487_EROM_DB2020_
THELMA_MIWA_RIKO_FOTA_SIMLOCK_FLAFLA_SIBLY_SEMC USB

LCD SW VERSION: 200604187

CAMERA SOFTWARE VERSION: 2.8

VIDEO CALL CAMERA CURRENT: 1.14

ITP SW VERSION: CXC 125 0308 R2D

COSTUMATION CDA102568/6 R4A cxc1250376
R1CF001 M_EAST_N_AFR

JAVA VERSION: 7.1UPDATE SERVICE SW UA VERSION:
CRH1069179
R3B015 2006-04-26

any suggestions or whatsoever that is good for the fone?


Well there are many things that can be done with your phone...

If you want as abeginning you can update your phone firmware to R6BC002 as your seems to be an old one

Posted by iamsinned06

Well there are many things that can be done with your phone...

If you want as abeginning you can update your phone firmware to R6BC002 as your seems to be an old one



id like to do that. can you give me the tutorials and what can i get with that update?

and how not to damage my fone again?

Posted by strizlow800
You need MAIN file, FS file to flash your phone...

For tutorial, see the first post of this thread...

look for K610_R6BC002_MAIN_GENERIC file...
look for K610_R6BC002_FS file (europe, mediterr, s_e_europe or etc...)

check if your MAIN and FS files are compatible... Then folow the tutorial to flash your phone...

P.S. Your phone needs to be CID52 to update to R6BC002, so when connected to XS++ if you are asked if you want to upgrade your CID to 52, answer YES... Then flash your phone as the tutorial in the first post shows

Posted by iamsinned06

On 2008-06-21 14:04:12, strizlow800 wrote:
You need MAIN file, FS file to flash your phone...

For tutorial, see the first post of this thread...

look for K610_R6BC002_MAIN_GENERIC file...
look for K610_R6BC002_FS file (europe, mediterr, s_e_europe or etc...)

check if your MAIN and FS files are compatible... Then folow the tutorial to flash your phone...

P.S. Your phone needs to be CID52 to update to R6BC002, so when connected to XS++ if you are asked if you want to upgrade your CID to 52, answer YES... Then flash your phone as the tutorial in the first post shows



what's the risk of doing this?

i dont want to make my fone dead again and take it to the tech (expensive).

i want to use SEUS. whats the risk of using this service?

if something happened?

Posted by iamsinned06
when i bought my SE K610i my fone info is this:

Manufacturer: Sony Ericson
Model: AAD-3022041-BW
Version: R1CF001 060704 1956 CXC1250374_GENERIC_TH
SW-Manufacturer: Sony Ericson
SW-Model: Sony Ericson K610i
SW-Version: R1CF001
SIM-Stattus: Ready

and since it was died a week ago and i cant figure how to revive it, i brought it to a SE authorized service center. but when i check my fone info again (pressing >*<<*<*) i got this info in my fone:
================================================
R1CF001 prgCXC1250374_GENERIC_TH R1CF001

EROM: R3A016
prgCXC1250487_EROM_DB2020_
THELMA_MIWA_RIKO_FOTA_SIMLOCK_FLAFLA_SIBLY_SEMC

USB

LCD SW VERSION: 200604187

CAMERA SOFTWARE VERSION: 2.8

VIDEO CALL CAMERA CURRENT: 1.14

ITP SW VERSION: CXC 125 0308 R2D

COSTUMATION CDA102568/6 R4A cxc1250376
R1CF001 M_EAST_N_AFR

JAVA VERSION: 7.1UPDATE SERVICE SW UA VERSION:
CRH1069179
R3B015 2006-04-26
================================================

what is it with these new info of my fone and what does the technician really do?




Posted by strizlow800
When your phone died they checked the technicians, checked the hardware, and then they replaced the software... (In your case, they put an old firmware version...) or at least, they didn't put anything new, except the EROM only to revive your phone back...

Posted by iamsinned06

On 2008-06-21 18:12:00, strizlow800 wrote:
When your phone died they checked the technicians, checked the hardware, and then they replaced the software... (In your case, they put an old firmware version...) or at least, they didn't put anything new, except the EROM only to revive your phone back...



hi there, mate;

just an hour ago i updated my fone using SEUS and i was successful.
=======================
my old k610i info:

R1CF001 prgCXC1250374_GENERIC_TH R1CF001

EROM: R3A016
prgCXC1250487_EROM_DB2020_
THELMA_MIWA_RIKO_FOTA_SIMLOCK_FLAFLA_SIBLY_SEMC USB

LCD SW VERSION: 200604187

CAMERA SOFTWARE VERSION: 2.8

VIDEO CALL CAMERA CURRENT: 1.14

ITP SW VERSION: CXC 125 0308 R2D

COSTUMATION CDA102568/6 R4A cxc1250376
R1CF001 M_EAST_N_AFR

JAVA VERSION: 7.1
UPDATE SERVICE SW UA VERSION:
CRH1069179
R3B015 2006-04-26
=======================

my new k610i info after using SEUS:

R1JG001 prgCXC1250374_GENERIC_TH RR1JG001

EROM: R3A016
prgCXC1250487_EROM_DB2020_
THELMA_MIWA_RIKO_FOTA_SIMLOCK_FLAFLA_SIBLY_SEMC USB

LCD SW VERSION MAIN DISPLAY CURRENT: 200604187

CAMERA SOFTWARE VERSIONCAMERA CURRENT: 3.0

VIDEO CALL CAMERA CURRENT: 1.14

ITP SW VERSION: CXC 125 0308 R2D

COSTUMATION CDA102568/6 R4A cxc1250376
R1JG001 M_EAST_N_AFR

MEM STICK: CDA102575_1

CONTENT VERSION: PA13
MEM STICK: R12A

JAVA VERSION: JP-7.3

UPDATE SERVICE SW UA VERSION:
CRH1069179
R3B021 2006-10-12
===========================
i wanna know what else can i do with my fone after successfully using SEUS?

any suggestions?


Posted by iamsinned06
this is XS++ log (i can now actually connect my fone to XS++)

00:36:19| TURN OFF PHONE!
00:36:19| Hold 'C' button on phone and connect phone NOW.
00:36:19| You have 30 seconds...
00:36:19|
00:36:28| Baseband ID: 9900
00:36:28| Protocol Version: 3.1
00:36:28| Phone name detected!
00:36:28|
00:36:28| Profiling SEMC phone...
00:36:28| Platform: DB2020
00:36:28| OTP CID: 49
00:36:28| EROM CID: 52
00:36:28| EROM Color: Red
00:36:28| IMEI: 35171001xxxxxx
00:36:28| Phone ID: K610
00:36:28| Region: M_EAST_N_AFR
00:36:28| CDA: CDA102568/6 R4A
00:36:28| Firmware Version: R1JG001
00:36:28| EROM: R3A016
00:36:28| Ready for operation!
00:37:28| After making any changes with FSX
00:37:28| you must press the 'Shutdown' button
00:39:31|
00:39:31| Sending db2020_cid01_prodid_p3j.bin...
00:39:31| Applet ID: 070129 0950 NGUCXC1250330_DB2020_PRODUCTIONIDLOADER_P3J
00:39:31| This is a PRODUCTION_ID loader
00:39:31|
00:39:31| Sending db2020_mem_patcher_cid52_r2a006.bin...
00:39:31| Applet ID: 061205 1523 HANCXC9876543210_DB2020_MEM_PATCHER_R2A006 0
00:39:31| This is a MEM_PATCHER loader
00:39:31|
00:39:31| Sending db2020_red52_cs_r3a009.bin...
00:39:33| Applet ID: 070410 1557 HANCXC1250562_DB2020_CSLOADER_R3A009
00:39:33| This is a CHIPSELECT loader
00:39:33| Activating loader...
00:39:33| Activating GDFS...
00:39:46| This loader is UNLOCKED
00:39:46| Backing up the GDFS...
00:39:48| Stated variables: 1362
00:39:50| Variables found: 460
00:39:53| Variables found: 786
00:39:54| Variables found: 115
00:39:54| Variables found: 1
00:39:54| Wrote backup to .\\Backup\\K610_35171001xxxxxx_GDFS_BACKUP.bin
00:39:54| GDFS was backed up successfully!
00:39:54| GDFS operation was successful
00:39:56| Disconnected... Unplug the phone

Posted by iamsinned06
and another question.

what is my fone CID here?

00:36:19| TURN OFF PHONE!
00:36:19| Hold 'C' button on phone and connect phone NOW.
00:36:19| You have 30 seconds...
00:36:19|
00:36:28| Baseband ID: 9900
00:36:28| Protocol Version: 3.1
00:36:28| Phone name detected!
00:36:28|
00:36:28| Profiling SEMC phone...
00:36:28| Platform: DB2020
00:36:28| OTP CID: 49
00:36:28| EROM CID: 52
00:36:28| EROM Color: Red
00:36:28| IMEI: 35171001xxxxxx
00:36:28| Phone ID: K610
00:36:28| Region: M_EAST_N_AFR
00:36:28| CDA: CDA102568/6 R4A
00:36:28| Firmware Version: R1JG001
00:36:28| EROM: R3A016
00:36:28| Ready for operation!
00:37:28| After making any changes with FSX
00:37:28| you must press the 'Shutdown' button

Posted by zaxan

On 2008-06-21 19:27:21, iamsinned06 wrote:
what is my fone CID here?

00:36:28| Profiling SEMC phone...
00:36:28| Platform: DB2020
00:36:28| OTP CID: 49
00:36:28| EROM CID: 52
00:36:28| EROM Color: Red
00:36:28| IMEI: 35171001xxxxxx
00:36:28| Phone ID: K610


You've got a CID 52 k610 there mate. EROM CID is the one to look at


[ This Message was edited by: zaxan on 2008-06-21 18:52 ]

Posted by iamsinned06


You've got a CID 52 k610 there mate. EROM CID is the one to look at



thanks, mate.

what can you suggest with my current fone info?

Posted by tranced

On 2008-06-22 02:15:01, iamsinned06 wrote:
what can you suggest with my current fone info?
flash it to the latest firmware, R6BC002.

Posted by iamsinned06

On 2008-06-22 12:30:38, tranced wrote:

On 2008-06-22 02:15:01, iamsinned06 wrote:
what can you suggest with my current fone info?
flash it to the latest firmware, R6BC002.



where can i find it specifically fort he K610i?
another thing. what's with the R6BC002? i mean any feature there was?

[ This Message was edited by: iamsinned06 on 2008-06-23 18:58 ]

Posted by strizlow800
The r6bc002 is the version of the firmware. To flash your phone you need MAIN and FS firmware files (both same r6bc002 version and compatible too).

For firmware compatibility and language packs description visit www.topsony.com


Download firmware files for free at www.4shared.com (use the search to find them).

Posted by tranced
i did a search at 4shared and i didnt find any version of that firmware.

but, "k610" brought some results: http://www.4shared.com/networ[....]a=atleast&sizevalue=10&start=0

Posted by iamsinned06

On 2008-06-24 00:18:34, strizlow800 wrote:
The r6bc002 is the version of the firmware. To flash your phone you need MAIN and FS firmware files (both same r6bc002 version and compatible too).

For firmware compatibility and language packs description visit http://www.topsony.com


Download firmware files for free at http://www.4shared.com (use the search to find them).



i have no idea, eh.
why do i need firmware compatibility and language packs?

why not firmware update only?

Posted by butiliero
Ok now I got pretty tired of searching for the CDA102511/39 vodafone branded k800 customization file, so I'm forced to ask. Are there anybody that know where I can find it? Or may just use another custom file?

I'm going to flash a buggy firmware (R1JE001) with

K800_R8BF003_FS_VFE_LIVE_2_RED52
K800_R8BF003_MAIN_VODAFONE_WI_RED52

Thanks in advance

Posted by azhar.umar
will my IMEI number change if i flash my phone???
i guess changing my imei will void my warranty....
will flashing void my warranty???

Posted by tinoleo
flashing void your warranty but your imei remains the same.

Posted by azhar.umar
Alright. I have already flashed my phone. I have changed my menu and all.but cant i claim my warranty if they never knew that i ever flashed it?

Posted by azhar.umar
I have one more question. While upgrading my firmware is it necessary that i choose a custpack with my same CDA? When i choose cutsomise i can see many custpack other than own_custpack. Like asian_levan etc. Etc. Cant i choose any among those. I am asking you this cos i cant find a custpack with my CDA. Mine is a k790i R8BC004 CID52 with cda102535/14 R2A. Please tell me as soon as possible because i have partially flashed my phone and am finding errors. I have only flashed the main. Before doing the fs, i thought i would confirm about the custpack.

Posted by jhayms

On 2008-06-28 16:04:00, azhar.umar wrote:
I have one more question. While upgrading my firmware is it necessary that i choose a custpack with my same CDA? When i choose cutsomise i can see many custpack other than own_custpack. Like asian_levan etc. Etc. Cant i choose any among those. I am asking you this cos i cant find a custpack with my CDA. Mine is a k790i R8BC004 CID52 with cda102535/14 R2A. Please tell me as soon as possible because i have partially flashed my phone and am finding errors. I have only flashed the main. Before doing the fs, i thought i would confirm about the custpack.



did you tried to look for CDA on this site? ........ http://se.srzone.ru/load/55-1-2-0-0-1-0
or http://forums.se-nse.net/...

Posted by danman227460
I have a question. I was wondering if it was possible to move from a K790 to a K850 firmware. Any answers would be great.

Posted by tranced
no, mate

k790 is a db2020 and the k850 is a db3150. also there are more things that dont make these phones flashable(camera, joystick).

Posted by danman227460
thanx. What would be the highest firmware I can move up to? I believe the K810 would be the highest?

Posted by tranced
neither you cant have k810's on yours.

these phones are different also. if you had a k800, you could flash it to k810. but not from k790 to k810.

Posted by blerk
Apart from PhotoFix and TrackID what advantages do I get if I flash the k810i firmware in my k800i? Also I've seen some video on youtube of someone who flashed his phone with a walkman firmware, granted his cam and other things did not work properly it did work, one could always move the drivers back to get things to work in the walkman firmware right? I think he flashed it with w880 if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idc6sJPjqYY

[ This Message was edited by: blerk on 2008-06-28 18:53 ]

Posted by tranced
if you want to know the advantages of flashing your k800 to k810:

K810 firmware in K800, is it possible?

btw, i've seen k800 flashed to w850. but not working properly.

Posted by crystlrain
Hi, i desperately need the firmware and other stuff for SE z250a. I am flashing with xs++.


Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Click to view updated thread with images


© Esato.com - From the Esato mobile phone discussion forum