Welcome to Esato.com




K800i VS N73


Click to view updated thread with images




Posted by peltsi
Nice Review of N72s camera.
In meny pics N72 looks AWSOME. K800i lags bad in details. Take a look and see your self.

Waiting for new soft for k800i..

Those N72 pics just look AWSOME..

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n73-cam-en.shtml


SAMPLE N72


SAMPLE K800i


The difference is huge..I think now that K800i is not the best camphone..damn.

BUT some how i think that i can my self take better pics with my K800i that those..
I mean that mine pics what i have taken looks like N72 pics or even better. Those K800i pics are like out of focus.

Sorry if this is old..

[ This Message was edited by: peltsi on 2006-08-29 20:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: peltsi on 2006-08-30 11:51 ]


Posted by Manuel_max
Mmmmm.........you need see this

http://www.newmobile.nl/eur/en/news.php?news_id=caf44c

regards.......

Posted by NyteMunkey
Yeah, the k800i seems to have the best pictures all around. It usually has the best color, balance. And it always dominates in the clarity/focus category. Thats why it is hard to believe a K800i took the picture in the first post.

Posted by QVGA
who the hell took those pics?

Posted by xan K
LOL, that pic DEFINITELY doesn't look like my K790's pics look. it lacks so much detail it's unbelievable.

Posted by xan K
BTW, shouldn't you have said N73 instead of N72?

Posted by DragonEye
lol did you even read the review.. and go through all the pics?

or are you just picking the bad one... to build your case???

utter nonsense...i've had both phones.. and it's n73 not n72 and both are comparable and sometimes one takes better pics then the other..



Posted by apolloa
that's the most ridiculous comparison of photo's I've seen, if you ask me the K800I one was taken without using the auto focus at all, like pressing the button all the way taking a picture rather then half way first for the focus. It's a totally biassed sample.

[ This Message was edited by: apolloa on 2006-08-30 00:32 ]

Posted by QuickShare
AFAIK...
N72 = 2 Megapix
K800i = 3.2 Megapix..
how was that possible?

Posted by peltsi
SORRY!!!! MY MISTAKE!!! LOL! Its N73 NOT N72!!

But still! But again, my k800i takes MUCH better photos that those taken with K800i. Same gatecory like those N73pics are!

And yes, i did read the hole story and did look all pics. Imust say that who took pics with k800i was drunk or totally Nokia fan and "shaked" phone..

SORRY AGAIN! N73 not N72.

And im true SE fan (have owed 4SE phones in 3y) BUT still i can say that those N73 pics look just awsome comparing THOSE k800i pics.

Posted by BobaFett
At those 2 fones u should focus on the really useful features at the comparison, imo its pointless to focus only on the cam...

This message was posted from a K610i

Posted by peltsi
Quote:

On 2006-08-30 06:43:47, BobaFett wrote:
At those 2 fones u should focus on the really useful features at the comparison, imo its pointless to focus only on the cam...





This message was posted from a K610i



Yeah, but we are comparing CAMS not hole phone!

Posted by mib1800
In most low light condition, mobile-review reported the N73 camera is better than K800. The ONLY time K800 wins is in total darkness and subject is within 2 metre range. And this coming from a reviewer who mostly like SE.

So N73 camera is now confirmed BETTER than K800 in most conditions. N73 now has THE BEST CAMERA in a phone.



Posted by kristianm
mib1800, look at the night shots in this link:

http://www.newmobile.nl/eur/en/news.php?news_id=caf44c

I can't see how N73 performs better than K800 in low-light conditions. N73 has that purplish hue all over the pic at low light conditions.

Posted by admad
mib1800, sorry mate, N73 isn't the best camera, hell no, pics from k800 are bad, because You must have really steady hands to take photos with, same applies to any cyber-shot camera, i borrowed p200 camera from my friend, and almost all photos were blurry.

Just like at this:


Ye, the best camera, aha...

The devil is in details.

[ This Message was edited by: admad on 2006-08-31 07:45 ]

Posted by mib1800
admad

What does you zoom in photo show? Nothing. Nobody gonna look at photo at that zoom level.

In the comparison picture, N73 pictures are sharper, livelier and much better to look at than K800. Most of the participants who graded the photos also concur with this. This is what matters.

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n73-cam-en.shtml




Posted by c96sthl
those detail level might have some differences if one print those picture out in the intended picture size set.

didn't read the full review...so not sure whether eldar did try to print all the snap shot out to compare. So cannot say much




Posted by QVGA
like the way N73's colors are more bright and vivid.

Posted by admad
Quote:
What does you zoom in photo show? Nothing. Nobody gonna look at photo at that zoom level.



Zoom judges the camera quality, because normal photo can be viewed in diffrent way, You like N73, i like k800i, there is no winner, but zoom shows a winner, that's it.

Btw, colours on k800i are very very natural, when i look at my photographic object and the screen, i see no diffrence, it's really nice.

Posted by DragonEye
Quote:

On 2006-08-31 18:41:59, QVGA wrote:
like the way N73's colors are more bright and vivid.



yes.. it's been mentioned time and time again.. the n73 "pumps up" the colors and in general people have said that it the pics look better because of it.

i however prefer more "real" colors and want to decide whether i want to "pump up" the colors on my own through photoshop or whatever. it's all a matter of preference

Posted by BlacK Devil
that picture taken with the k800 looks like the phone didn't manage to autofocus crectly ... it's way too blury ...

_________________
K800 and bugsiiy's n93

[ This Message was edited by: BlacK Devil on 2006-08-31 19:46 ]

Posted by xan K
it's all a matter of how you prefer it: more naturall colors (K800) or vibrance-increased colors (N73). This reminds me of when I used "Digital Vibrance" from nVidia control panel for the first time. I was like WOW, everytihng looked so bright and colorful but then I got pretty tired of it, because things I looked on the monitor weren't natural anymore and some colors even jumped from one to another, like yellow looking almost orange, etc. it's all a matter of taste, I can say. most reviews agree that there's a draw between both cameras, both with their strengths and weaknesses. peace...

Posted by mib1800
Quote:
didn't read the full review...so not sure whether eldar did try to print all the snap shot out to compare. So cannot say much



He did print out the photo for the participants to grade. Also participants have no prior knowledge of which camera took those phots.

The problem with K800 photo are 3 folds:-
- It is more blury compared to N73 (no matter how you take the photo)
- Color is all washed out. And color is not more natural either.
- You need to fiddle with the K800 controls to take good picture whereas for N73 takes great picture at default settings.

In the review, people also rated N93 having better photo than K800. So SE has messed up K800.

Survey result (% Rank photo the best):-
N73: 50%
N93: 30%
K800: 20%.




Posted by c96sthl
not going to much on this discussion but I think it is good we make eldar plan for a print out comparison too

it just give more comparison

both k800 and n73 support pict bridge? if k800 didnt then it is a shame.

Posted by citytrader
Looking at this post I see no interest in the phone itself, I see people doing a camera comparison....why don't you buy a HP PhotoSmart R818 that cost less than 150 euro and is much better than a N73 or K800 camera?

When you make a phone comparison you must look at the principal characteristics not at the accesories like camera, mp3 and vids when we are talking about this kind of phone.

N73 and K800 have to be compared at the telephone level, they cost more and less the same price, batery life of K800 is better than the N73, but the other basics things that N73 has, are much better, remember that K800 have the typical SE interface that is old years... I'm and W810i user, so I'm not a Nokia fun.

SMS management in the nokias are much better than SE (for not to tell that SE is a disaster in sms management)

Phone calls management are more and less the same.

K800 supports Java platform 7 so you get java multitasking, like W710i

In performance, the K750 is more performant at java level than the N73. But for gaming, the W710i is much much better than K800 and you get java 7 support for less money.

At this point I thinks that for people that is more business oriented, the N73 is much better than the K800, N73 is and hybrid pda.

The K800 display is more vivid than the one in the N73.

For basic multimedia phone usage without considering batery life, N73 is a more complete solution.

Signal reception on both phone are more and less the same.

Battery life is better on K800.

Both telephone looks more and less the same, are on the same size, etc.

I do not consider a camera, mp3 and vid comparision for both N73 and K800 because a 2Mp camera is more than ok for a basic telephone usage, so more mpixels for a phone is for a particular use. If it's quality that I'm looking for, obviously I will go for a point and shoot camera. The quality of mp3 are more and less the same for the common mortal on both phones.



[ This Message was edited by: citytrader on 2006-09-01 12:13 ]

[ This Message was edited by: citytrader on 2006-09-01 12:14 ]

Posted by Spawn
Quote:

On 2006-08-29 21:12:30, peltsi wrote:
Nice Review of N72s camera.
In meny pics N72 looks AWSOME. K800i lags bad in details. Take a look and see your self.

Waiting for new soft for k800i..

Those N72 pics just look AWSOME..

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n73-cam-en.shtml


SAMPLE N72


SAMPLE K800i


The difference is huge..I think now that K800i is not the best camphone..damn.

BUT some how i think that i can my self take better pics with my K800i that those..
I mean that mine pics what i have taken looks like N72 pics or even better. Those K800i pics are like out of focus.

Sorry if this is old..

[ This Message was edited by: peltsi on 2006-08-29 20:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: peltsi on 2006-08-30 11:51 ]



Dude cut the photoshopping out , whoever took those pics with the k800i clearly doesnt have a clue or has done a bit of photoshopping on the image...

Im calling BS on this one...nice try but im not having it.


Posted by peltsi
I did not take those pics! I have K800i and Ill bet that it takes better pics that N73! I just dont get it why those K800i pics look like CRAP..Maybe Nokia Fan did this review..

Posted by BobaFett
maybe the k8 pic was taken with a proto fw...

Posted by mib1800
Quote:
I just dont get it why those K800i pics look like CRAP..Maybe Nokia Fan did this review..



The person who did this review is definitely pro-SE guy. .
N73 photos are clearly better so the reviewer cannot find any reasons to state otherwise.

Quote:
Dude cut the photoshopping out , whoever took those pics with the k800i clearly doesnt have a clue or has done a bit of photoshopping on the image...

Im calling BS on this one...nice try but im not having it.



Just follow the link to the review and see others comparison photos. The conclusion is the same. K800 takes blury and worse pictures than N73.


Posted by admad
As i said k800i takes blurry pictres because the wrong AF adept, and fast shot after button pressed which cause hand shake.

Posted by mib1800
admad

Quote:
As i said k800i takes blurry pictres because the wrong AF adept, and fast shot after button pressed which cause hand shake.



You lost me here. Are you saying Eldar (the reviewer) purposely shake K800 to get blury picture? This is ridiculous knowing the preference Eldar has. Anyway all the posted photos in the comparison shows K800 to be more blury and less vibrant than N73. Seems like K800 AF cannot do the job in ALL the instances. Put it bluntly, K800 takes worse picture than N73 period.



Posted by admad
I didn't said that Eldar did this on purpose, i have blurry shots neither, which i didn't got with my old k750i. Same happens to my friend's cyber-shot p200 camera. I just get blurry shots all the time...

Posted by xan K
Dude, since you keep mentioning Eldar's review, have you read his final conclusion? He clearly says that it's a matter of taste and that none of the phone's cameras is a clear winner as you keep saying. If you like N73's pictures better, well it wins for you. If other people like k800's it's their winner. And don't say you're just basing your argument on the pictures themselves, 'cuase some of them look better from the k800 and some from the N73. In the end these products are equivalent, if you donít take interface and operating speed into consideration. His words. Period.

Posted by mib1800
Knowing Eldar's for who he is, we would expect him to make that conclusion as a saving grace for K800. However, those that particpated in the survey are saying otherwise. 50% picked N73 as having the best photos compared to 20% for K800. (participants have no prior knowledge of which photo were taken by which camera)

Posted by kristianm
Quote:

On 2006-09-03 10:59:17, mib1800 wrote:
Knowing Eldar's for who he is, we would expect him to make that conclusion as a saving grace for K800. However, those that particpated in the survey are saying otherwise. 50% picked N73 as having the best photos compared to 20% for K800. (participants have no prior knowledge of which photo were taken by which camera)



The reason is obvious: N73 does post-processing to the pictures to enhance color vibrancy.

Eldar explained this even in his conclusion:

"But in terms of picture vividness, its perception on display and PC, as well as printed photos, Nokia N73 is better. This is acquired by algorithms of picture processing and not optics in any case. Considering fact that most users take picture of themselves and do not make any further modifications, we can say that Nokiaís product gives better photos. . . ."

And regarding blurry pics on K800, I can't see where Eldar stated that.

The only mention of blur connected to the K800 is due to the noise-filter processing applied to the taken images, and that K800 is more suceptible to blur due to camera shake at night mode.

On the other hand, he said that N73 lose some details too due to color adjustment; N73 loses to K800 with enough lighting (electric fan blades pic); N73's macro is worse.

And so in the conclusion he says, "Details look better on Sony Ericsson K800i in most cases."

Posted by bavlondon2
Will you lot stop bloody talking about Eldars review!!!!!! Those early models are most of the time early editons and buggy anyway. All i her is Eldar this and Eldar that. Why dont you go and find Eldar and bang him up the arsehole""""

If you like the k800 then get the k800, if you like the n73 then get the n73!!!!!

Whats with all the fecking debates.

[ This Message was edited by: bavlondon2 on 2006-09-03 18:27 ]

Posted by scottt
Woah bav ma man calm down calm down

Posted by bavlondon2
Im sorry but all I hear is moan moan moan. Thats just one review of both early edition of the phone. If you want a final version review how about this one

http://www.newmobile.nl/eur/en/news.php?news_id=caf44c

If you look at it form this reviews prespective the k800 beats not only the n73 (which can i say has that terrible purple fog in the dark) but also the n93.


Posted by BobaFett
mobile review test many times protos or early fw fones, so the former poster is right in that point

Posted by QVGA
Quote:

On 2006-09-03 19:26:13, bavlondon2 wrote:
Will you lot stop bloody talking about Eldars review!!!!!! Those early models are most of the time early editons and buggy anyway. All i her is Eldar this and Eldar that. Why dont you go and find Eldar and bang him up the arsehole""""

If you like the k800 then get the k800, if you like the n73 then get the n73!!!!!

Whats with all the fecking debates.

[ This Message was edited by: bavlondon2 on 2006-09-03 18:27 ]


Eldar is da man!

Posted by bavlondon2
Yeah hes the man, so much that Nokia wouldnt let MR have an n73 to check out until after it was actually launched to so he couldnt put anyone of with his ussually anti Nokia and biased SE comments.

Posted by BobaFett
se notified already eldar cos of his eraly and not always correct reviews...

Posted by bavlondon2
Thank you bobbafett, at least someone here isnt blinded madley by 1 review.

Depending on where location wise the review is done, the firmware of the model can vary.

The best wway to get a true review is to wait for the people to actually by it themselves.

Posted by BobaFett
no offenec against eldar or mobile review, cos eldar do deserve the respect ( he has a really nice and respected site ), but he should mention, that the fone whats he testing is a proto and /or has got an earlier fw on it, that would be fair imo. he takes a big responsibility against himself an the site and the visitiors.

Posted by apolloa
I can't believe this thread has gone on cause of a pro Nokia guy stirring things up, again, K800I takes better pictures IMO, N73 is a plastic ugly brick compared to the K800I, also the N73 screen breaks very easily so it too like the K800I has it's faults and has no proper flash.
No K800I review I've read has showing such dreadful pictures as at the begining of this thread.
I like this review, much better:
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_k800-review-93.php

[ This Message was edited by: apolloa on 2006-09-03 21:57 ]

Posted by QVGA
Quote:

On 2006-09-03 22:35:09, apolloa wrote:
I can't believe this thread has gone on cause of a pro Nokia guy stirring things up, again, K800I takes better pictures IMO, N73 is a plastic ugly brick compared to the K800I, also the N73 screen breaks very easily so it too like the K800I has it's faults and has no proper flash.
No K800I review I've read has showing such dreadful pictures as at the begining of this thread.
I like this review, much better:
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_k800-review-93.php

[ This Message was edited by: apolloa on 2006-09-03 21:57 ]


Give me a link, show me a review, send me a pic. Just do one of those where it prooves N73's screen breaks easily.

Posted by BobaFett
every fone display brakes, even 8800. it depends how u drop it...

Posted by QVGA
Quote:

On 2006-09-04 11:29:25, BobaFett wrote:
every fone display brakes, even 8800. it depends how u drop it...



Ofcourse it does. But he said it breaks very easily.

Posted by BobaFett
k8 doidnt seemde me better then any other display of a model. imo this dispaly misery is just a new segment of the endless n73 vs k8 war...

Posted by kristianm
Quote:

On 2006-09-03 19:26:13, bavlondon2 wrote:
Will you lot stop bloody talking about Eldars review!!!!!! Those early models are most of the time early editons and buggy anyway. All i her is Eldar this and Eldar that. Why dont you go and find Eldar and bang him up the arsehole""""

If you like the k800 then get the k800, if you like the n73 then get the n73!!!!!

Whats with all the fecking debates.

[ This Message was edited by: bavlondon2 on 2006-09-03 18:27 ]



Does it change the fact that K800 takes more accurate pictures (color-wise) than N73, even in the retail versions of the phone? Or that N73 does color post-processing to the pics to make the colors more saturated and appeal better to consumers?

No.

Eldar's review is still accurate on those matters.


Click to view updated thread with images


© Esato.com - From the Esato mobile phone discussion forum