Previous  123 ... 2728 293031  Next
Author Sony Xperia rumors 2024
Ambivalent_
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2024-05-16 07:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2024-05-16 06:46:54, Archdragoon wrote:
You're right Ppl. SONY become extremely greedy now. There's no reason to protect SONY at this point.

Exactly.

Mark 6 seems to be a big let down and Sony needs to get a message that this kind of cheap tricks will not pass.

Sony is the underdog and as such it needs to offer more than the competition, not less.

I hope 2025 gets better and we get a proper quality phone.
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2024-05-16 07:22
I used to complain Kazuo Hirai so much and now the current CEO makes me scream "WHYYYYY"

Well, Unfortunately I also have had enough with so many bugs on my iPhone 14 Pro Max... So gonna buy 1 VI anyway.

Hope that "premium audio circuit" is better than what is inside Xperia 1 II.

I will come back to you guy later on audio topic.
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2024-05-16 07:57

On 2024-05-16 06:07:35, Ppl wrote:
Sustained performance in GSMArena review is bad, so vapor chamber seems like it doesn't work.

Screen is fhd but it's not the brightest. Isnt Samsung 24+ at the exact same diagonal with QHD? So they make that display. Sony chose lower res. Ok it's good battery but at this ppi why not use ud fps.

The ai camera seems identical to mark v. I'm sure 2x on th v would be the same after an update. The zoom and macro which are great additions but seems like it's not enough. GSMArena didn't even comment on the macro performance.

Speakers finally sound good enough to justify bezels.

When it comes to 10vi i don't get why people like it. İt is the same phone from last year without a main cam upgrade and a loss of a tele lens.

Lastly Sony should send other colors for review. They say 10vi has translucent back which I liked since Xperia A2 or something. But the black unit doesn't show it.

No wonder they make 4x profit. They release late, downgrade components, use left over pieces and keep prices high. I mean duh it makes sense for them but it's still a hard to recommend for general public

A25 is one 6.5" Other samsung are 6.6 or 6.7.
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2024-05-16 08:02

On 2024-05-16 07:22:43, Archdragoon wrote:
I used to complain Kazuo Hirai so much and now the current CEO makes me scream "WHYYYYY"

Well, Unfortunately I also have had enough with so many bugs on my iPhone 14 Pro Max... So gonna buy 1 VI anyway.

Hope that "premium audio circuit" is better than what is inside Xperia 1 II.

I will come back to you guy later on audio topic.

Current CEO does not even like selling hardware, except PS. Funny when " E,T & S" is second highest source of revenue.
roops67
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2024-05-16 10:26
You all are tripping or trolling?!! All the reviews so far have been excellent for the Xperia 1 vi ! So where are all these bad review cus I don't see them?!
M-Ali
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2024-05-16 13:01
Is the new panel also manufactured by samsung?
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2024-05-16 13:04

On 2024-05-16 10:26:56, roops67 wrote:
You all are tripping or trolling?!! All the reviews so far have been excellent for the Xperia 1 vi ! So where are all these bad review cus I don't see them?!

High chance yes. It's also costly .. see link

https://sumahodigest.com/?p=28546
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2024-05-16 14:34
As I don't have plan to upgrade to 1vi, I'm hoping for 1vii. I'm happy with 1v and I believe, 1v is the best Xperia 1 to date in all aspects especially the camera.
Ericsson t10, T310, P800, S600, P910, P990, SEX1, SEX10, SEXArc, XZ, XZ1
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2024-05-16 15:22

On 2024-05-16 10:26:56, roops67 wrote:

positive reviews because many websites want xperia to be exactly like galaxy and iphone, not like xperia.
being xperia is why many buy xperia. Otherwise many of us would be using iphone or galaxy instead.

I want xperia by sony, not iphone by sony.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2024-05-16 15:35
how is the vi like samsung and iphone? just because they changed form factor and killed the 4k? yes, i agree that is a disappointment for me too, but it still has headphone jack, sd card, and front stereo speakers and unique sony camera tech/software. these are all xperia things.

everyone keeps talkin about video control has been killed but the announcement clearly said video pro was COMING and not out yet. so how can anybody judge on something that's not even released?

i won't be upgrading to VI cause the price is just too damn high for me (in the US, i'd have to import) and my current phone (1 II) is still going pretty strong. my only reason to upgrade would be for newer software and security updates.

If i'm desperate i'd probably get a 1 V. but thinking to wait and hope for the VII to be a show stopper.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2024-05-16 23:06

On 2024-05-16 15:35:15, moogoo wrote:
how is the vi like samsung and iphone? just because they changed form factor and killed the 4k? yes, i agree that is a disappointment for me too, but it still has headphone jack, sd card, and front stereo speakers and unique sony camera tech/software. these are all xperia things.

everyone keeps talkin about video control has been killed but the announcement clearly said video pro was COMING and not out yet. so how can anybody judge on something that's not even released?

i won't be upgrading to VI cause the price is just too damn high for me (in the US, i'd have to import) and my current phone (1 II) is still going pretty strong. my only reason to upgrade would be for newer software and security updates.

If i'm desperate i'd probably get a 1 V. but thinking to wait and hope for the VII to be a show stopper.

Cine Pro >>>>> Video Pro. That is the problem. Where is it? Gone.

1) Same useless screen ratio that only samsung and apple use. All other brands are 20:9.
2) getting rid of video controls to offer just extreme basic, just like iphones. Now you cannot do anything but turning on/off S-cinetone, using those filters and framerate.
3) low res screen, even 10 vi has higher resolution, phone that costs €1000 less.
4) 5 series was counterpart of non-max iphone pro, mark 5 was more like iphone 15.
5) cam now has bit more sharpening, brightning shadows like samsung/apple. Colour science is worse than mark 5.
6) using again ufs3.1 when 4.0 is inside phones from early 2023.

Considering all these stupid action, in my honest opinion the jack and micro sd are in huge danger now. Iphonezation will be xperia ⚰️
[ This Message was edited by: Hawk12 on 2024-05-16 22:09 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2024-05-16 23:26

On 2024-05-16 23:06:14, Hawk12 wrote:

1) Same useless screen ratio that only samsung and apple use. All other brands are 20:9.
2) getting rid of video controls to offer just extreme basic, just like iphones. Now you cannot do anything but turning on/off S-cinetone, using those filters and framerate.
3) low res screen, even 10 vi has higher resolution, phone that costs €1000 less.
4) 5 series was counterpart of non-max iphone pro, mark 5 was more like iphone 15.
5) cam now has bit more sharpening, brightning shadows like samsung/apple. Colour science is worse than mark 5.

Considering all these stupid action, in my honest opinion the jack and micro sd are in huge danger now. Iphonezation will be xperia ⚰️
[ This Message was edited by: Hawk12 on 2024-05-16 22:09 ]

the video app is coming. that was part of the announcement. how do you know what can and can't be controlled without seeing it?

Here is the link to the exact part of the announcement that discusses the PRO VIDEO, which is being developed. so it is not GONE.
https://youtu.be/QpqxIypDv_E?t=704

aspect ratio is love or hate. i liked 21:9. it is what it is.

lower screen resolution is interesting, but reality is 2k is as much as you need on a phone. FHD is fine and will help with battery life.

as long as camera lets you shoot raw, who cares? you can use apps to change colors, sharpness, etc to your personal liking. whatever it produces in jpg is perfectly fine for quick sharing.

i think you're overreacting. the only real loss is the display and aspect ratio. everything else looks great. sure, probably nothing special coming from a iV or V. but from a II like me, it's pretty nice. if it were cheaper, i'd probably get it. but my phone still works and the price is not right, so I will wait.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2024-05-16 23:36

On 2024-05-16 23:26:22, moogoo wrote:

On 2024-05-16 23:06:14, Hawk12 wrote:

the video app is coming. that was part of the announcement. how do you know what can and can't be controlled without seeing it?

Here is the link to the exact part of the announcement that discusses the PRO VIDEO, which is being developed. so it is not GONE.
https://youtu.be/QpqxIypDv_E?t=704

aspect ratio is love or hate. i liked 21:9. it is what it is.

lower screen resolution is interesting, but reality is 2k is as much as you need on a phone. FHD is fine and will help with battery life.

as long as camera lets you shoot raw, who cares? you can use apps to change colors, sharpness, etc to your personal liking. whatever it produces in jpg is perfectly fine for quick sharing.

i think you're overreacting. the only real loss is the display and aspect ratio. everything else looks great. sure, probably nothing special coming from a iV or V. but from a II like me, it's pretty nice. if it were cheaper, i'd probably get it. but my phone still works and the price is not right, so I will wait.

Do you really think they are going to put all functions of the 3 apps into 1? 😂 Zero chance. This is just more saving money , like killing Album and xperia keyboard. It has to be mini FX3, not mini EV-10 crap. Huge money saved on using cheap screen, still not usong latest glass, no exmor T for periscope (one that would benefit too much). In the end, same price of previous when it is obviously cheaper. Ufs3.1 is most offensive of the cost cuts. Even more than removing 3rd cam of 10.

I am here now watching video by Olle Nilsson. Photo manual mode is much worse to use compared to Photo Pro, much harder to find fuctions, all buried someone like awful 📷 menu.

By the way, of the 5 years of new series, the 2021-22 was the highest revenue. Mark 3 + pro-i. When 5 and 1 were 90% equal, 10 had huge battery endurance + 4K recording + hdr screen + usb 3.1. Nerfing phones just made revenue go down.
[ This Message was edited by: Hawk12 on 2024-05-16 22:56 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2024-05-17 01:17
Sony have been stubborn for so long and are now trying to go mainstream, but iPhone, Galaxy, and Pixels are very refined and we'll established. It's time for Sony to price their phones lower and try undercutting the rest like Oneplus do. There are aspects of Xperia that are great, but the whole industry has moved on. Sony are lazy, just take a look at One UI and you can see how little effort Sony put in. If a new 5 vi doesn't come, I'm done with Sony after nearly 20 years of Sony Ericsson and Xperia.
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2024-05-17 01:44

On 2024-05-17 01:17:20, badassmam wrote:
Sony have been stubborn for so long and are now trying to go mainstream, but iPhone, Galaxy, and Pixels are very refined and we'll established. It's time for Sony to price their phones lower and try undercutting the rest like Oneplus do. There are aspects of Xperia that are great, but the whole industry has moved on. Sony are lazy, just take a look at One UI and you can see how little effort Sony put in. If a new 5 vi doesn't come, I'm done with Sony after nearly 20 years of Sony Ericsson and Xperia.

Motorola is asking €1000 for phone with 8sg3, 4500mAh , plastic back (aka vegan leather). No brand outside China has condition to ask same prices. OnePlus is backed up by oppo, can use their supply chain to get cheaper prices.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 2728 293031  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic